Love Language

*The next morning*

Nishant- I've finally decided. I will confess my feelings to him. I have started falling for him and there's no deny on that. Yes, I'm sure of that, I will tell him.

*Nishant was bubbling with excitement. His heart was beating fast. He was nervous but he believed in himself and his feelings. He ran here and there, trying to find Pratik and finally found him.*

Nishant, excited- Pra- [just as he was about to call Pratik, he saw him with Shamita. They were hugging each other beside the pool. Shamita looked quite happy. Nishant's smile faded and his hearts broke into a million pieces.]

*Nishant turns back and rushes to the washroom.*
___________________________________

*Nishant's pov*

I had it coming. I knew this would never work out. I knew he would never be mine. I was supposed to confess to him in order to move on. But- but- if it's really that simple, why does it hurt so much then?

[Few teardrops rolled from his eyes to his cheek and eventually fell down.]

Why does it hurt so much Nishant? It wasn't supposed to, but it is- am I actually that much into him? I know Shamita has a boyfriend outside and they will never be a thing but if not her, then someone else. No matter what, it's gonna be some girl whom I would always be jealous off. Right now, seeing him with anyone, even her, is ripping my heart into a million pieces. This is my first time falling for someone this hard, why does it have to be like this? Why does it have to be him? He's never gonna consider me more than a friend. Then why, why did it have to be this way? Why am I this hurt?
___________________________________

Pratik- Shamita, thanks for sharing your incident with me. You're strong. I believe you can overcome everything and anything.

Shamita- Thanks for accompanying me.

Pratik- BTW, Shamita, did you see Nishant? Since this morning, I didn't see him much. He didn't even come have breakfast with me. I feel like he is purposely ignoring me.

Shamita, whispering- I wonder if he will tell you.

Pratik- huh?

Shamita- Nothing. I was just saying that, maybe you're just overthinking stuffs you know. I mean, why will he ignore you?

Pratik- Umm, maybe. Nevermind. Let's go prepare lunch.
___________________________________

*Pratik's pov*

People in this house are so wierd. For example, just last night, Nishant was so good to me and suddenly today he doesn't even want to see me! I really hate this feeling, of someone pulling me towards them and the next moment letting me go, without even giving me any reason. Had it been anybody else, I wouldn't give a shit. But it's him. He's my bestfriend here. When I met him, I had no idea he would become such an important part of my life. Life with him seems so simple, so magical. I normally have problems falling asleep at night, but yesterday, I fell asleep so easily in his arms. I have never felt this protected and loved in a long time. I wish he would atleast tell me the reason for his wierd behaviour. It really hurts when it's him doing this to me.
___________________________________

*In the kitchen*
*Pratik, Nishant and Shamita were preparing lunch.*

Pratik, mockingly- Shamita, do you know, we slept together yesterday.

[Nishant, chopping silently.]

Shamita- Yes, I was going to the washroom at night and saw you both sleeping together. I didn't say anything because I thought it's normal and happens everytime.