chapter 1

Tw: gore

A killer. A mystery. Both of them and more could be used to describe me.

I wasn't always that way.

There was a villain attack when I was 6. Of course I had to be there to see both my parents being robbed of their life.

We had gone shopping for new clothes for summer that was just around the corner. It was warm but there was a cold breeze that blew every now and then. I had only just got over a cold so my parents asked me to put my jacket on. That caused a meltdown which was short lived.
"If you put it on you can get a sweet from that shop you love."
That shut me up instantly.

I jumped up and ran to where all of the jackets and coats were. I picked one and then ran to where my mother waited for me. She was a beautiful woman. I always hoped that I would look like her. She had (m/h/l) (m/h/c) that was always neat. Her beautiful (m/e/c) eyes were always soft when she spoke to me even when I misbehaved. The smile on her face never faltered no matter who she spoke to which made everyone feel safe and loved. She always wore elegant and beautiful dresses with the most amazing jewelry and other accessories of her choice. I believed there was no better mother than her and wouldn't trade her for anything.

I held the hand she offered me and we both walked out the front door. My mum made sure that I was properly strapped into the car before getting in herself. No more than a minute later, my father joined us. He was a kind man, just like my mother. He made the best jokes that could cheer anyone up. He was tall and strong but so gentle and kind. He had [pick a colour] hair with matching stubble. He always had a black or white t-shirt on, with some dark, dark grey jeans. They were always accompanied by some smart shoes and a watch. (If u don't like it change it cause I don't give a shit anymoreeeee:) ). His eyes were the same colour and shape as mine.

My dad often went on business trips so it was amazing when we could all go out together. I was never told what my father worked as but it maintained our comfy life so I never questioned it. Today was no different from the others. I couldn't sit still and my mother's smile could be seen on my face.
"She has the same smile as you my love." My father told my mother. She let out a small laugh and looked at me through a mirror she had been holding.

~~~~~~~~~~

We had arrived at the shopping centre/mall (whatever you call it) and were now walking through the big glass doors. Happy families and friend groups could be seen entering and exiting every shop. People sat on benches surrounded by shopping bags. Restaurants close by were crowded.

We started to walk towards the sweet shop that I loved with my whole heart.

BANG

~~~~~

My eyes slowly fluttered open. My mother hugged me tightly. My father stood infront of us maintaining a calm and collected persona. He stood in protective stance. I was so confused. Debris flew around the air. The ceiling above us had caved in. Screams and cries could be heard from every direction. I looked around my fathers figure to see a man who was yelling at him to move. I heard my mother sniffling from behind my shoulder. She kept saying everything was going to be fine but it was hard to believe since she never cried. She was always such a bubbly person.
"Move [Dad's name]! I don't want to hurt you!" the stranger yelled from the distance.
"You know I can't, my family is here I don't want my daughter to see this!" At that moment a water droplet fell by my father's foot. He was crying. I was even more confused now. What did he not want me to see. The man clicked his tongue then raised his hand.
"Goodbye dear friend," hundred of spear like objects hurtled towards my father. One of the sharp objects embedded itself into my father's chest. He fell forward, pushing it further in. The tip was now visible because it had pushed through his back and through his t-shirt. My mother wailed behind me while I pushed my damp face into the crook of her neck. More and more people ran past us not sparing us a second glance. A few met the same end as my father had every now and then.

My mother grabbed my wrist harshly and pulled me off the ground. We ran towards the exit of the now unrecognisable building narrowly avoiding the flames cause my the damage. I coughed harshly so my mother wrapped a piece of cloth around my nose and mouth. Tears still slowly made their way down my face.

My mum pushed me infront of herself and told me to run as fast as I could. I denied her request a few times. She knelt down to my level
"y/n I need you to live. I love you so much never ever forget that. RUN! FOR ME!"
I span on my heel, a few tears flying off my face in the process, and began to run. I wasn't going to let her down. I ran faster than I knew I could. Cold air pushed against my face. I had to find a hero to save her. She was all I had left.

~~~~~

I had been running for about 5 minutes when I finally found a hole in a wall. I spotted 3 hero's standing around and looking at the destruction.
"HELP!"
I screamed at the top of my lungs but no one responded. One looked up at me with pure horror on his face but looked down again as soon as he locked eyes with me. They all shook but apart from that there was no movement. I screamed a few more times but to no avail. The once slowly flowing tears spilled out uncontrollably now.

Once again I span around and began to run. I ran to where my father's lifeless body layed. I gave him one final look.
"I'm sorry." I whispered, tears flooding my vision. I snapped one of the spikes that were imbeded in the wall. It wasn't as heavy as I had imagined. It was smooth and was the same colour as a bone.

One again I started to run with the weapon in my hands. I passed shops that held so many memories. I tripped over collapsed concrete from the damaged ceiling occasionally causing grazes all over my body. Soot polluted the air and my face but I didn't care, I just had to get to my mum.

~~~~~

I had made it to the place I hadn't long left. My mother's agonising screams were clear now. The man wrapped his hand around my mother's throat, cutting of her oxygen. Gurgling screams and cries came from my mother's bloodied and bruised form. I pumped my legs even faster now.

The man wore a mask that covered the bottom of his face so I couldn't see him clearly. He was bigger than my father. This didn't stop me from running towards him though.

I had made it. I placed both my around the weapon and brought it up to aim straight into his back. My mother's eyes grew wide when she saw me. I thrust the weapon forward.

1283 words