Chapter 9

I had awoken a few hours later. I was in the hospital. Luckily, my injuries weren't too bad and I only collapsed from exhaustion. I had to get my shoulder popped back into place and a few stitches on my leg and something about my arm I wasn't focusing on, but apart from that, nothing else really happened. They had removed my mask but luckily the students didn't see.

Aizawa had come and given me some new clothes. Today we were going to pay the boys a visit. All of their mentors and the chief of police were accompanying us too.

Aizawa: "You scared me when they said you had passed out."

Y/n: "Aww you were worried?"

Aizawa: "Shut up. I can't believe you fought Hero Killer basically by yourself."

I shrug.

Aizawa: "You're a strong kid, but don't be so risky."

Y/n: "I know...I just- I felt like I failed. I mean, those kids got hurt and it's my duty to protect them."

Aizawa: "y/n, you took a knife to the arm so you could save Iida. If you weren't there I'm almost certain that they would all be dead. You did well, don't be so hard on yourself."

I nod.

~~~~~

We were walking to the hospital room the boys were in. I felt a bit better after mine and Aizawa's conversation but still couldn't shake the feeling of guilt. I kept zoning out when I thought about it so Aizawa was noticing.

We reached the door and saw that the others were already there. Me and Aizawa strolled in. Aizawa stood next the Gran Torino and I took my place next to the chief.

Chief: "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be resting?"

Y/n: "Nah, I much rather see this."

I pulled a chair and made it face the wall, I then sat on it backwards the face the injured kids. The boys looked dumbfounded that I was there. The Chief cleared his throat before talking to the rest.

Chief: "So you're the UA students that brought down the hero killer, huh?"

Todoroki: "Not entirely sir, it was mainly the vigilante, Slash."

A devilish smirk spread across my face.

Chief: "Stain has some serious injuries, several burns and several broken bones. Right now he is in the hospital under strict guard, woof."

I try to hold in my laugh at the woof part.

Chief: "Here's a lesson you should've already learned: when quirks became the norm, the police force sought to maintain the status quo. They decided we wouldn't use quirks as weapons. That's when heroes came in, they did what we couldn't, if they were licensed of course, woof."

I chuckled quietly to myself. I zoned out for a bit because I got bored of the 'lesson' but  listened again soon after.

Chief: "...That means the three of you, and your supervisors- Endeavour, Manuel and Gran Torino- should receive harsh punishments for this gross abuse of your powers."

I could sense Todoroki getting angry.
'He's gonna blow!'

Todoroki: "Now wait a minute. If Iida had not stepped in, Native would've been murdered. If not for Midoriya, both of them would be dead. No one else even realised that the hero killed was even in Hosu."

I rolled my eyes at this.
'Speak for yourself.'

Todoroki: "Are you saying that we should've just stood by and watched people die?"