Chapter 7

Everyone was doing their internships now and Masaaki had gotten some information. Apparently Stain or 'hero killer' had joined forces with the LOV. This was surprising since they had different views. Masaaki thought that he would most likely attack Hosu city when people were doing their internships. I owned a building in Hosu so I decided that I was going to stay there.

Staff: "Good morning ma'am, it's been a while! Just you today?

Y/n: "Morning Isabel. Yeah Just me."

She smiles and offers to call someone to help with my bags but I decline. I make my way to my room and drop off my things.

~~~~~~~~~~

The previous day's had been fine apart from the few minor issues with villains on patrols. Today I was patrolling in the evening. Me and Masaaki kept looking out for any sign of Stain. I had met Stain before, but I thought he took things too far after he killed a hero on our mission. I distanced myself quickly.

Nothing had happened and I was starting to worry that I had been wrong about the attack. The streets were fairly busy with citizens making it hard for me to see anyone or anything suspicious so I decided to go up onto one of the many tall buildings to get a bird's-eye view.

The sunset was beautiful for high up. If the circumstances were different, it would be peaceful. 'I could stay here forever. My peace was cut short by a big 'bang'.  I ripped my focus away from the colourful sky and to the source of the noise. A bird looking creature was terrorising the city. Aizawa had told me about these, he referred to it as a Nomu. The LOV used one when attacking the school which confirmed Stain was in cahoots with them. I was warned to be careful with the beasts due to its many quirks.

I ran as fast as I could to the destruction. Once I was near it, I could feel some sort of energy.
'How strange.'
I text Libitina and sent her my location. Within minutes, she was next to me.

Libi: "Y/n, isn't that the bird thing that attacked UA? They're meant to be dangerous, are we killing it?"

Y/n: "Focus for a minute. Can you feel the energy from it? I... I think there is something human about it."

She does as I say and a few seconds later, her eyes widen. She nods and asks what I was thinking about.

Y/n: "You need to touch someone to steal their soul or whatever, don't you?"

Libi: *nods*

Y/n: "Ok, I'll make an opening for you. Once there is one, do not hesitate to take it. Let's put this soul to rest."

She nods and we run off. I throw a kinfe at it, bringing it's attention away from a citizen and on to me. It begins to walk over to me.

Y/n: "Everyone get out of the area as fast as you can. These things are dangerous and I don't need anyone getting hurt."

People evacuate the street. Screams from the distance could be heard so I assumed there was more than one. I needed to make this quick and move into the next one.

The Nomu in front of me began to pick up the pace. I slowed down my breathing and tried to do the same for my racing heart. I spun on my heel and began to make my way to a tight alleyway. The bird became faster when I began to run. I made it just before it grabbed me. It still tried to make its way to me resulting in it becoming trapped. I heard Libi's footsteps. She put her hand on its back and it began to calm down. Green smoke began to radiate off of the beast.

Libi: "Y/n, it's working! It's really working!"

I let out a big breath as its movement stopped entirely. I sliced the body a bit, causing it to become unstuck and fall face-first into the ground. I stepped over it and hugged Libi.