Chapter 8

I walk towards him. When I get to where my knife landed, I kneel down to pick it up, still keeping my eyes on the black haired man. I gripped my knife and pulled my mask up slightly.

A sudden amount of power pushed me towards the wall. I cried out in pain when my shoulder smashed into the brick. It was most likely dislocated. I became unfocused and my power on Midoriya and Todoroki broke. They both got up and ran towards him. A tear escaped my eye when I tried to move. I covered my mouth to silence a sob. I looked back up to see what had just happened and saw Iida. He had used some kind of special move that was meant for Stain but he missed and it hit the floor near me. Stain soon took the boy out again.

Todoroki used both of his quirks and Midoriya used his too. They could only get a few hits on Stain and they weren't powerful. I felt like I was failing my mission. That's a first.

After several attempts, I was finally up again.

Y/n: "Please get out of here guys! Get Native and yourselves out safety!"

Iida: "No! I'm not leaving without revenge!"

Y/n: "Revenge are you kidding me!? That isn't what heroes are about! Look at me for example, I'm injured because of your petty revenge plan! Get it together, Iida-"

Dammit, I'm not meant to know his name.

I looked at the other boys, and bit my lip anxiously. My eyes widened when I saw some fire coming in my direction. I quickly grab Iida and throw him away from the blast. I make an 'x' shape in front of my face. Luckily Masaaki made my costume fireproof. Bless that genius.

Although I didn't get burnt, I get launched into the wall again. Once again I cried out in pain. 'I have to sort my shoulder out.'
I sat there, slumped against the wall. I look up and see a bit of the wall collapse. I managed to avoid most of it but some landed on my leg.
'Get it together, you're going to fail again.'
I started to try and pull my leg out.
'This is why I don't work with other people.'

I look to the side and see that Stain had threw a knife at Iida. It was going to land right between his eyes and Stain's aim is never off. My eyes grow wide. I bite down on my arm and yank my leg. It comes free. I look down and see my costume had been ripped and my leg was bleeding quite a bit. I've had worse. I quickly pulled my sword out again and ran to the defenceless boy. Everything had happened in slow motion but now time seemed to be speeding up. My sword and the knife clash together. They both were inches away from his face.

I look up and see another one coming at us. There was no time. Was Iida really going to die? I took a deep breath and prepared for what I was going to do next.

I put my good arm in the way of the knife. It goes in but luckily not all the way. Iida was unharmed. I look up at Stain and run at him. His eyes were wide after seeing what I had just done. He stood there for a few seconds and that's all I needed to get to him. I bring my leg up and it collides with the side of his head. He stumbles into the wall. I lunge at him and we both fall to the ground. He headbutts me and switches our position. He now had control.

Stain: "Never saw you as the type to sacrifice themselves. I guess we didn't know eachother as well as I thought."

I grit my teeth and narrow my eyes.

Stain: "It's a shame kid. I didn't want to kill you but we both know you're not a hero. You're more fake than the rest. Rest in peace y/-"

Y/n: "I know I've done shitty things and that may make me evil but I wasn't born like that. This cruel world is the reason..."

I use all of my strength and push up, off of the floor.

Y/n: "People like you and me are on the run..."

I flip him over and once again I have control. My whole body aches.

Y/n: "but unlike you, I'm trying to be better..."

I grab a kinfe and cut a bit off his skin.

Y/n: "and in my opinion, anyone who tries...IS MORE HEROIC THAN ANY PRO!"
[Ew that's cringe]

His eyes grow wide as I lick the blood off of the knife. His body becomes still and his eyes gloss over. A look of horror was visible on his face. I stand up and try to steady myself by holding on to a wall. I look up and see two figures standing on the rooftop. 'The LOV?'
One of the figures made eye contact with me and a crazed smirk was visible in the shadows. They walk away and my legs give way.

I soon collect myself again and check on the others. A few minutes later all of them were able to walk again. Native assisted Midoriya and we began to walk out of the alleyway with Stain tied in a rope. He was now free from my quirk but was unconscious.

Y/n: "Sorry for using my quirk on you two in the beginning."

Thinking about Stain reminded me of using it on Todoroki and Midoriya.

They both say it's ok and we continue. We come to the exit and see some pros. They say things about the three boys being kids and calling an ambulance. I walk out of the shadows and all eyes fall on me. There was a shocked look on their faces.

?: "Those injuries look bad."

??: "What on Earth?"

I tried to just zone out. I came back to reality when they spotted Stain. I walk to a wall and slide down to the floor. The heroes called the police and an ambulance while some asked how we were doing.

My fellow pupils come over to where I had sat. I saw them talking a minute ago and it looked like Iida was quite upset. I raise an eyebrow and they start talking.

Iida: "I'm truly sorry. You were hurt because of me. I was just so angry because he hurt my brother. I couldn't...see anything else."

His hair draped over his face so I couldn't see it properly. Tears fell to the ground. I had never seen the class rep so upset. I get off the ground and hug him, taking him by surprise.

Y/n: "You did well. Just please be careful in the future I don't want you getting hurt."

He nods and I let go. The other boys thank me and then Native comes over.

Native: "Thank you Slash, when us heroes were notified that you were on our side, I couldn't believe it. You sacrificed yourself today and became of it you saved those kids and me."

I nod at him and say it's no problem. Well I did get stabbed, cut and squashed so I guess it was but I wasn't going to say that. Not very heroic.

A new presence could be felt. I look to the side and see one of the Nomus. This one had an eye missing and flew a lot faster than the others were, almost like it was trying to escape.

Gran Torino: "Get down!"

It was too late. It swooped down and grabbed Midoriya. I sprang back up and some more blood came from my leg. I started to become very light headed but ignored it. I ran faster than a flash of lightning and used nearby objects to swing on. At some point The Hero Killer managed to get free and lick some of the Nomu blood. It seized up and began falling to the floor. I grabbed hold of a balcony and pushed myself into the air. I chop off all of it's limbs, making it less dangerous. It falls even quicker now.

I roll to soften my landing and look back. Stain stabbed the creature's brain and held onto Midoriya. I try to get up but fall. My legs were giving way. I grit my teeth with annoyance. He begins to talk noncence but I tune it out and focus on getting up. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Endeavour. 'I hate that guy.'
Stain raises his voice. My ears were ringing now so I couldn't hear. It was probably about heroes being fake if I had to take a guess. I don't completely disagree though.

The fear was now evident on all of the heroes face's. I finally get up and run forward. I take him to the ground and make him let go of Midoriya, who looks like he was about to shit himself.

Y/n: "Night."

He passed out as if on command. I saw that the others had got a damaging kick in so he wasn't going to be able to stand for much longer. I stood up and took a step to the side.

Y/n: "Oh shit."

I fell to the ground and everything went black.

1578 words