( II )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃══════ ∘◦ ᓚᘏᗢ ◦∘ ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
══════ ∘◦ ᓚᘏᗢ ◦∘ ══════

BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON, you were moving into your dorm in the teachers' quarters. It was a pleasant room, certainly generous for on-campus living. A nice view out the windows, functioning utilities, nice job opportunity, and a nice room that needed a little decoration before it would feel like a home.

You didn't want to complain, but, it all felt so... mundane.

Cat ears twitched in the direction of footsteps that approached your door. You anticipated the knock until it came accompanied by a familiar voice yelling, "Y/n! You ready to hop into your new office yet?"

And, of course, the only person that loud would be Hizashi Yamada, Present Mic. You trotted to open the door before he could say anything else with his booming voice. Last time you talked to him you needed an Advil afterward for the headache. It would take a bit of getting used to his volume.

"Sure!"

"Yo, nice dorm," he looked over your head and peeked inside a bit. "You got lucky! This hall in particular has a nice view outside and you've got great neighbors, Kayama and Ishiyama," he rambled fondly as if you knew those names. It was more likely that you'd recognize their hero names instead of surnames.

As your first official day hadn't even started yet, you'd barely met any of the other staff. Snipe ran into you the other day so you introduced yourself, but that was about it.

"Me and Shouta's dorms are down the hall to the left, so we're real close if you ever need anything," he said. "Don't hesitate!"

That name rang a bell. Shouta Aizawa, Eraserhead, right? The awkward man who took you on your first half of the tour. By the way he acted, you worried that he already heard the rumors about you. You tried not to think about it too much which was easy enough because you hadn't seen him since that day.

"Let's get you settled! You got the key to your office, yeah?"

"Right here," you swung it around your finger. "I've got all my things in a box, let me grab it real quick then we can go."

As you walked to your office, you carried a brown box of things you wanted to put in your office: A pen holder, sticky notes, first aid, a scratching post, and a few posters. The blonde offered to carry it for you, but you assured him that you could handle it.

"Hi, Present Mic! Do we have a new teacher?" A cheery feminine voice snuck up on you while Hizashi unlocked the door to your new office.

"Mentor," you said after setting the box down. You turned to see the pretty girl with long periwinkle hair and curious bright blue eyes.