( XXIII )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃══════ ∘◦ ᓚᘏᗢ ◦∘ ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
══════ ∘◦ ᓚᘏᗢ ◦∘ ══════

SHOUTA LOOKED AT the window devoid of moonlight to find that the leaves were turning to mush on the ground under the lamp posts stationed along the concrete path. Some umber leaves skipped over the grass while others circled in the air, looping endlessly with the current and falling with gravity. The harsh wind running wild made everything look miserable, he thought, and god, it was too cold for you to just be sitting out there. Almost cold enough for snowfall, a warning that winter wasn't planning to wait.

He could at least trust All Might to not let you get hypothermic amid your own stubbornness. You were so god damned stubborn, he closed his eyes to roll them with a sigh.

His dark eyes panned back to Hizashi's green ones. He looked disapproving, not sparing much sympathy, even more so when Shouta finally paid him notice instead of staring outside hopelessly. The voice hero still had his pajamas on, fuzzy slippers and all. His shiny blonde hair was a mess, barely held up in an unraveling low bun. Shouta figured telling him that would only worsen his attitude towards him so he bit his tongue reluctantly.

"Not cool, dude!" Hizashi finally said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What?" he feigned ignorance in hopes of avoiding whatever intervention he had coming his way.

Naturally, avoidance was impossible with Hizashi, he should've figured as much. "You're kinda making yourself seem like a total jerk," he confronted bluntly.

"By stating the truth?" Shouta huffed.

"Listen, even All Might had to get in between your little catfight." The blonde emphasized, jabbing his thumb into the other's sternum, and hoped that hearing 'the literal Symbol of Peace got involved' out loud would wake him up.

"He's enabling her," Shouta's hushed voice practically growled as he said it, shrugged him off.

"There's some truth to that..." Hizashi tip-toed. He shook his head quickly, getting back to his point, "But you can't just treat her like one of your students, man!"

His face contorted in disgust. "That's the last thing I was treating her like."

"Doesn't really seem like it," he hummed. Shouta scoffed in response.

"I'm simply trying to make sure she doesn't die. That's probably the similarity you noticed," he took a breath, controlling his emotions. "She hasn't seen how dangerous it can be, she doesn't understand." He stopped to look out the window once more, regretting the vehemence bubbling up in him. Turmoil churned his stomach when he thought about it—losing you. His eyes deadened the further he fell down the spiral. He felt the blood rush back to his callous fingers when he let go of his white-knuckled fist.