07 : The Promise

SZA - "Pretty Little Birds"

Azzy's POV:

"Are you ready to practise?" I heard a familiar voice speaking cheerfully. As I turned to see who it was, I saw a handsome young man who was none other than Hermes, my fiancé.

I wasn't quite expecting him right in front of my face. I kind of stumbled out of surprise, I then noticed that we were in the castle's garden.

-"HERMES! Don't do that. You know how much i dislike this habit of yours. 😤"

He scratched the back of his head aind apologized. "I guess I was too excited..." is what he mumbled.

-"But, are you ready to practise our dance?"

I looked at him confused

-"What dance?" I asked

-"Oh we've talked about this last time, he complained, I mean the sword dance for our wedding that will occur in approximately 10 moons. So we don't have that much time left."

-"Ohhhh... Now i remember."

We chuckled it off and we both stood up to practise this sword dance.
We were kind of nervous at first but we reassured each other and then we started.

With my plant powers, I created a sword out of thorns decorated in roses and moss. He, with his steel powers, he also made a sword identical to mine.

FKA twigs - meta angel

I liked the way we danced in harmony. It felt like we were communicating through our dance moves. At some point during our choreography, our swords were touching. Our faces were close enough for our foreheads to rest on eachother. I wanted to gaze into his blue hazel eyes but to my shock, his eyes were becoming pitch black.

-"What is happening to him?" I wondered.

I then looked around us and the garden was starting to melt into darkness.

I was scared. I took Hermes' hand and ran as fast as I could but the darkness caught up with us and took Hermes away. I was struggling to hold his arm but he slowly started to let go. My heavy tears were blurring my view as he softly whispered to me:

-"Forgive me, my love. My soul is too corrupted to give you all the affection you deserve..."

-"What are you talking about?! *sobs* P-please, hold onto me!"

I saw him crying crystal tears and his smile almost broke me

-"I will always love you... Remember that."

And with those words, he loosened his grip and fell to the bottomless pit under us as feathers followed him.

-"HERMES!" I yelled

[...]

Third person POV: Azriella was tossing around because of her nightmare.

-"Azzy! AZZY!" a voice yelled

The princess woke up screaming and crying and.... Levitating?

-"WHY THE HELL DID THE EARTH SHAKE AND WHY ARE ALL THE THINGS IN THE HOUSE FLOATING IN THE AIR?!" asked Hirõ all confused.

He then saw her crying. He could assume she had a really bad dream to the point there was an earthquake. He ran to her and embraced her.

-"Shh, everything will be okay. Sorry for rising my voice at you.."
And just like that, all the furniture and objects landed safely to how they were

[...]

Bethany came by somewhere at noon to exercise her water bending powers

-"Yes, Bethany. Focus."