14: War Cry

It was time, time for war. Who would've thought that Home-World would get here? In less than an hour, warriors and their families would have to face the biggest foe they'd never faced before. 

Many were nervous and confident but all were impatient for it to be over. It feels like it has been more than a millennium since their last war, it felt too new and too soon for them to step into conflict.

Despite it all, they had a great leader who was trying her best to figure it out, to be there for the ones in need, to guide them to the path of freedom, and to protect them at all costs. She was dressed in golden armor, one that belonged to a royal; accompanied by a sword so sharp it could cut the thickest of skins. At the sight of her, many felt that she resembled a battle angel attending a jihad.

-"Make sure to activate the medical bots. Who knows what'll happen, got it?" General Medulla ordered a medical technician

All soldiers gathered up in a line with their attention on their commanders: Lieutenant Narema, General Medulla, and, of course, Queen Azriella 

-"Here's the plan, Azriella said, We won't fight immediately; instead, I will go and try to negotiate with The Order. While I'm at it, make sure that the barrier is strong enough to protect the young ones. I'm sure that they will try to attack there. Hiro will infiltrate their ship to destroy it from the inside."

Hiro hesitated at first but he agreed anyway. Narema, on the other hand, felt uncertain about her plan

-"Azriella, it's war, she sighed, the negotiation part of it is out of the window. Especially when it comes to The Chaos Order."

-"You're forgetting that Hermes is their leader, reminded Azriella, I'm sure I'll get him to listen. But if he pushes further, I guess we'll have no choice but to fight."

Although Azriella seemed determined, she was so... scared. She wouldn't identify as "war material", let alone "war leader material". She didn't know if she was good enough for the role of a Queen

She sighed: "Everyone, I know that none of us expected this war but surprisingly we were equipped with everything needed for battles such as armor and weapons. But the most important ones must be our determination, courage, and solidarity. We mustn't forget that when the gods above are by our sides, we shall fear no man, we just need to stick together. So, on my signal, we will go out there and show that Order who's boss..."

[...]

The invisible barrier was set, medical bots activated, and everyone was in their position with small communication devices connected to their ear. Azriella saw the enemy's ship coming from afar.

Suddenly she heard Hiro singing with the soldiers like a little prayer:

"Go down, Moses

Way down in Egypt land

And tell all Pharaohs

To let my people go"

Their song gave hope to Azriella. It made her remember her goal: To free her people from The Order of Chaos

-"No more turning back now," she thought to herself

She then took a deep breath and got out of the barrier carrying a Megaphone with Bastet by her side. Slowly, The Order's ship landed, and the leader with it. Azriella gulped at the sight of Hermes, he changed too much she couldn't recognize his face anymore. That Xophrat Demon has ripped Hermes from his purity, he can't be saved from it anymore.