11: Lies and Gaslights

TW: harassment and violence

It was honestly really hard to write stuff like this *wipes sweat from forehead*

I suggest to read this chapter slowly

Enjoy! :)

✨✨✨

Azriella's pov:

I felt really dizzy as I woke up inside an unfamiliar room. I tried to move but felt my body attached to a seat. I looked around searching for an exit, I then saw Hermes walking in.

"Looking for me, darling?" he asked with a smug look on his face.

I was really annoyed. Firstly, you've faked your death; Then, I learn that you're a part of this Order of Chaos fiasco; Now, you've drugged me and took me somewhere I don't know and you expected me to forgive you ? Have you gone mad?!

"Oh. Never thought you'd feel that way about me." he said scratching the back of his head

Curses! I thought out loud, what an idiot I Am!

"Don't worry, I'll explain everything..."  he tugged a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I flinched at his touch, he crouched in front of me taking a deep breath and started talking: "That monster you saw in your dream last night, it was a Xophrat and what it said was true. You know, about the Order of Chaos and all. But what was exceptionally true, was about you and your family. It was somewhat too easy to fool all of you, all I had to do was to work on my looks and act like a good/nice prince from another galaxy or whatever and just..." he snapped his fingers "Spread Chaos."

I was mortified. He lied to me this whole time. He lied to us and we fell for it. How could we... How could I?

"It was too easy especially with you. I mean, how could you be so stupid to let love get in your way to the throne?..." he shrugged "But you know what, it's alright. It's a win-win situation for the both of us: the check's been cleared for me, and You, princess, got to have your way with the most handsome and irresistible bastard of the entire Home-World galaxy..." he said that so easily. He then giggled to himself.

He's right.

How could I be so stupid?

"S-so... All of what you said to me back then... They were all lies?" I asked in anticipation as I looked down to my feet, refusing to meet his gaze

He hummed as if thinking of an answer. He then tilted his head and...smiled sheepishly "Mostly but not entirely..." he answered "I do have to say that I did like you..."

He lifted my chin that made me look into his eyes, eyes full of lies

"But not that kind of like, you know what I mean, right?"

I felt really disgusted at the sight of him. Turns out that the idea of him I had this whole time never existed in the first place. I felt hurt, betrayed, manipulated and angered to the point of killing him.

"W-what was it about me that you liked, then?" I asked, wanting to see where this conversation was going.

He hummed again, resting his cheek on his fist. He then glanced at me with a cocky smirk and got back up with his other hand holding my chin.

"It's simple, princess, I liked you for your power, money, the throne..." he answered with all his pride "Not only that, but I have to say that your face and body made my liking a lot more animal-like."