01: Reality

I always wondered what is out there in space. Especially what I might discover there. I just hope that I'll get the hell out of here and soon as possible.

My name is Hiro. One thing about me is that I really like space, I always admired it ever since I was a kid. Growing up, I didn't really have such a happy childhood; My parents were in a really toxic relationship which caused their divorce  when I was around five years old. Since then, it was just my dad and I against the world until I attended a University in the city to study space engineering.

I remembered one day after morning courses, I was heading towards a coffee shop where I worked part-time until I got a call from Bethany, my (only) childhood friend who was also my neighbor back home.

-"Hey, Beth! Doing good?"

She greeted me with a sorry voice, as if something bad had happened. It left me confused and terrified.

-"W-what is it? Is it about my father?"

She was silent for a short time, which scared me, and then she replied affirmatively.

I felt like I was going to explode. I couldn't take the silence anymore.

-"Please tell me what is it!!"

She decided to take a deep breath and tell the truth

-"He passed away..."

I didn't beleive a word she said at all

-"He died from a heart attack. I'm sorry."

I was mortified by the sad news.

My father, who was the only person I had in this world and with whom I spent my life with, died. I fell to the ground and bursted into tears feeling crushed.

(e/n: he didn't go to work for the daytime because of what happened :<)

I went back to work in the afternoon and the first thing I saw was my manager, Edda, scolding me.

"What took you so long, HIRO? Because of your absence, I had to run the café all by myself. There were many customers this morning, I also had a lot of work to do and lemme tell ya, it was a HANDFUL!". Normally, I couldn't keep a straight face after what she said but I wasn't in the mood to laugh. She became suspicious when she saw my face. She already knew something wasn't going my way so she asked me nicely, which is totally rare of her because she's usually sarcastic and salty most of the time;

-"What's wrong?"

I told her what happened and the more information I tell her, the more her expressions started to change.

-"I'm so sorry about what happened. You know you can just skip work for today, let me do the closing shift instead."

I shook my head and said: "It doesn't matter. I need to get my mind off it anyway."

-"Alright, then. Let's get to work."

[...]

It's the end of the day, I left with my skateboard and Edda continued the closing shift. I went home. I grabbed my headphones and started to do my homework in the dining room. Before I even start, I sometimes look at the window next to where I was sitting and I saw that the stars were all out.

-"*sigh* Ok, let's do this.", I sighed while putting my headphones on.

*/(plays "She" by Tyler, the Creator)/*

Meanwhile in space:

I was bopping my head to the beat and started to rap along but suddenly heard an explosion

I rushed to my window and saw a lot of smoke but there wasn't quite a fire. With all the curiousity and courage I have, I put my jeans back on, took my hoodie and shoes and rode off on my skateboard to the unidentified object crashed into the earth.

When I arrived, it was in the forest, I saw a device that looked strangely familiar to me.

-"What...is that?", I thought to myself. But then it reminded me about something; I took out a sci-fi comic book that i brought for some reason (e/n: He always brings that comic book because it was given by his dad and it gives him good luck) and brushed through the pages until there was a picture of the same machine

 But then it reminded me about something; I took out a sci-fi comic book that i brought for some reason (e/n: He always brings that comic book because it was given by his dad and it gives him good luck) and brushed through the pages until there wa...

I couldn't beleive my eyes. I looked at the comic book and back at the machine and I became in complete SHOCK

-"Is that what I think it is? An...escape pod?"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Hi! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Make sure to leave a vote and a comment

Ps: sorry I dunno how to promote shit