05: An Unrequited Love (part two)

[10 years later]

song: "Green Eyes by Erykah Badu"

Bethany's POV: I heard that Hirō moved to his dad's second house which is a few blocks away from mine, maybe i should go visit him. I'll bring him those snacks that he likes: Bart and Judy's Crispy Protein Bites™ {e/n: Hirō likes low-calorie snacks}

(Concept photo)

On my way there, I don't know why but I felt my heart dropping to my stomach; a pain that can't be explained, as if something heartbreaking will happen to me

On my way there, I don't know why but I felt my heart dropping to my stomach; a pain that can't be explained, as if something heartbreaking will happen to me. It hurts so much that I almost broke down to tears.

I arrived to his house, feeling a smile on my face. I knocked his door one time, there was no response. I knocked for the second time, still no response. After many attempts, I became annoyed to the point that I rang the doorbell, which looked like a small church bell, so loudly and as long as possible. I started thinking that maybe he wasn't home but then, I heard some singing and it came from the backyard. One of the voices were very familiar; I walked to the backyard and saw two people floating in the air. One of them was a girl with a glowing dark skin in a sunny yellow dress; her hair was cloud white and shiny ; the other person seemed to be a boy with brown curly-ish hair that seemed messy wearing a black hoodie.

-"Wait, is that... No, it can't be him, right?" I thought to myself as I moved to go behind a tree to have a better look. As I moved, I felt my heart pounding very hard in my chest as I thought that they saw me. I took a deep breath to calm down, I took a glimpse and felt the world falling down on me. "It IS him..." Many questions were overflowing in my head; "Who is she?" "What are they doing floating in the air...singing?" Then I saw their ring fingers connected by a string but i couldn't tell what color it really was because I was looking from afar but that string could only mean one thing: they became soulmates...

Third person POV: Bethany's heart broke into a million pieces, her body became sore and tears fell down her cheeks like a waterfall. She couldn't stand looking at him, her, anyone that she ran away. "Damn it!" was the only thing she told herself.

Azzy and Hirō were smiling and laughing together suddenly Azzy felt heavy tears falling on her face.

-"Azzy, why are you...crying?" asked Hirō

-"I-I don't know... I only cry like this when my senses feel another elementorian crying, precisely a Water Elementorian"

-"Ok, this is getting very confusing. Don't tell me that there are oThEr elementorians here on Earth"

-"I'm as confused as you are, you know! You see, despite that each elementorian has different powers, each one of us has some sort of sixth sense of which is used to detect an elementorian who feels a negative emotion. the signs of negative emotions can be felt with either tears or headaches but it depends on the type of elemental power for example, we cry very heavy tears when we sense that a water elementorian is heartbroken, or we feel the atmosphere being odd when a weather/air elementorian feels stressed. That kind of sense was banished during the reign of King Kronos but after his fall we allowed that sense because it was identified as useful to understand what the person feels that might be impossible to describe which helps with communication which is important."