Chapter 81 - Thank you.

"We're short" Rick said, jogging towards Louise. She stood with her back pressed against the brickwork of the house and her arms crossed over her chest as she glared at the Saviours that laughed in the middle of her town.

"What do you mean, short?" she asked, never once taking her eyes away.

"A glock 19 and 22 are missing" he sighed, shaking his head. "If we don't find them, they're gonna kill Olivia.

She closed her eyes tightly before exhaling and turning to face him. "I don't have them"

"I know...but I need your help"

"Okay, okay, I'll find them" she stated, pushing herself away from wall.

"Check Spencer's house. The other's are checking Rosita's, they're the only two not here" he shouted after her as she ran off towards Spencer's house. Quickly, she pushed open the door and swiped the books from his entrance table, sending them to the ground with a cluttered thud. The drawers were pulled out shortly after and Louise cursed under her breath before moving on to the next storage space.

She pulled the cushions from his couch, dropping them on the floor at her feet and wedging her fingers down the edge of the arm. Time was not her friend. Finding the guns was the only acceptable end to their situation so as her frustration grew, so did the mess. Louise opened every book on his shelving unit, checking for hollowed out pages but each literary achievement was packed full of words - not guns.

"Lou-Lou, I see you in there" Negan sang. Louise took a deep breath and shook her head - she hadn't noticed him sitting in the backyard, with a loaded gun on his lap.

"I'm trying to find your guns, you incessant asshole" she grumbled, walking towards the patio doors and leaning up the frame.

"You have got such an attitude. Seriously, where do you store all that pent up anger?" he asked, cocking his head to the side. "Did you not learn from the last time that playing your mouth gets the people you loved killed?"

She narrowed her eyes at him. "What's it like in your sick and twisted little mind?"

Negan grinned widely. "It's a part every day...clocks tickin' gorgeous"

Louise scoffed at him and walked back into the house before continuing to search the interior. She pulled apart furniture, threw dirty laundry across the floor and emptied his kitchen cupboards and still came up empty handed.

"Anything?" Rick asked as he marched through the front door and met Gabriel in the hallway.

"Nothing, still, I just...I feel like...I know this is going to work out" the priest said certainly, nodding at the Sheriff who raised his eyebrows.

"How?" Lou asked, looking up up from the empty bag in her hands and tossing it onto the couch.

"There is no way to beat this" Rick assured.

"Yes there is. I have faith in us" Gabriel stated. "I have faith in you, you're my friend. It wasn't always that way"

Louise sighed, crossed her arms and walked towards him. "What you did with the graves, that was quick thinking...thank you"

Gabriel smiled. "Nice digging a grave I knew would be empty"

"Any look?" Aaron asked quickly, running into the house.

Louise shook her head.

"We've search Rosita's house...nothing"

"Then they've gotta be here" Rick sighed, resuming his lootings. He peered out the courtains, watching the Saviors jog across his land. He was angry. Angry that his home had been taken over by a group who used fear as a weapon; as an advantage. As he moved, the floorboard beneath his creaked and his gaze dropped to his feet. Rick lifted his foot and placed it back down, waiting for the wood to wine again. It did.