46

Angelica watched as Sunghoon was being wrapped in soft warm blankets by many nurses.

Like Jake said, he had hypothermia.

Thankfully it was mild, so it wasn't that harmful to him, but he still had to be handled with care, since moving him too much could lead to cardiac arrest.

He was asleep as the wounds on his face were being patched up, making Angelica wonder if he even slept in those three days he was gone.

She smiled at the nurses who politely nodded their heads at her as they walked out of the room.

Her gaze went back to Sunghoon.

She couldn't take her eyes off him.

He was going to have to deal with her stuck to his side for at least a month.

I really thought he was going to die..

She thought as her vision became cloudy and she looked down at her hands with a small frown.

Her tears fell as she desperately tried to wipe them.

"I feel like a burrito." She suddenly heard Sunghoon whisper and she quickly looked up, seeing his gaze already on her.

Even more of her tears fell as she heard his voice and she wiped them away.

"You look like one." Angelica said waveringly, making him give her a small smile. "Do you feel okay?"

He nodded his head softly and she smiled looking down at her hands again.

They stayed quiet for a moment. Sunghoon stared at her as she continuously wiped her tears, trying to suppress her sobs with occasional deep breaths.

"You shouldn't cry that much. I'm here aren't I?"

Angelica shook her head as she took another deep breath.

"I thought you wouldn't come back... a-and I-I thought I'd lost you. I was about to go fucking crazy." She staggered as she tried to talk in between her tears.

He smiled softly as he stared at her lovingly.

"You haven't seen me for three days and you haven't even given me a hug." He said cheekily as he felt himself getting emotional as well.

He also thought he was going to die.

While he was laying there in that freezer, the only thing he could think about was that he was going to die without growing old with Angelica as they watched their child become an adult.

"I wish I could, but the doctor said you shouldn't make any rash movements." Angelica said as she gave him a small smile.

"But I'm warm now. I can move. It's so hot in here." He said as he shook his head dramatically making Angelica giggle. "I bet a hug will make me even warmer and it'll make me feel so much better."

"I'm sure it's okay now." The doctor said as he walked inside the room with a small smile, having overheard Sunghoon's words.

Angelica wasted no time and stood up, softly wrapping her arms around Sunghoon's blanket wrapped self.

"I can't really move under here, but this is nice." Sunghoon chuckled softly as he felt his own tears fall down the sides of his head.

She held back the lump on her throat as she leaned up, placing a soft kiss on his jaw and laying her head back onto his chest.

"You still stink Ankle Biter."

*****

Ms. Saeri and Ms. Yuh hurriedly ran inside the room, seeing Sunghoon already sitting up with only one of the wool blankets around his shoulders.

"Oh my God what did he do to you?" Ms. Yuh cried out as she walked closer to Sunghoon and softly grabbed his face, studying the bruises on it.

"What the hell is his problem?" Ms. Saeri angrily said as she shook her head.

"Was." A finally freshly showered Angelica said as she pursed her lips. "This time he's actually dead." She quickly added.

"Thank Goodness." Ms. Saeri sighed as she softly stroked Sunghoon's leg.

She moved over to sit on the couch and Ms. Yuh did the same, giving Sunghoon space to finish his soup.

"You can move perfectly fine already, why do you need her to feed you?" Ms. Saeri said with a disappointed sigh as she sat on the couch in front of Sunghoon's hospital bed.

"He's gonna throw a fit if I don't. It's like having a child already." Angelica said as she sighed.

He only smiled as he watched Angelica softly blow on the warm soup and bring it up to his mouth.

"He's overdramatic, that's why." Ms. Yuh said making Angelica let out a loud laugh. Sunghoon frowned as he furrowed his eyebrows.

His look suddenly switched again as he smirked slowly.

"Overdramatically in love you mean?" He said as he moved his eyebrows up and down.

"The meds are doing their effect again." Angelica said as she shook her head.

He let out a small giggle and shook his own head when she brought the spoon up to his mouth again.

"I don't want anymore." He said with a small pout as he raised his hands up.

Angelica raised her eyebrows at him as he shook his head one more time.

"I've drunk up like two bowls already Daisy."

She shrugged her shoulders and placed the spoon back on the plate, moving the over bed tray away from him.

He continued to stare at her, almost in a daze, making her look at him in question.

He was under heavy pain medication for the rewarming process, which is pretty painful even if it's just mild hypothermia.

It's like when your hands are frozen from the cold outside and you put heat on them, instantly sending a wave of pain through your fingers.

Imagine that, but all over your body.

Sunghoon softly pulled on the back of her shirt and gestured to the spot next to him.

They normally weren't super affectionate in front of people because they thought it would be awkward and weird.

But he was pulling on her today and was staring at her with those eyes that made her weak to the knees.

"What is it?" She asked softly.

"I want you close to me."

"We can do that later." She answered as she felt her cheeks burn.

"No now."

His meds really were taking effect...

Her eyes moved to Ms. Yuh who was smiling from ear to ear and to Ms. Saeri who only shook her head.

She hesitantly scooted closer to him and he softly wrapped his arms around her shoulders from behind making her lean back against him.

He squished his cheek against hers as she groaned and rolled her eyes.

"As close as possible I see." Ms. Yuh joked as she stared at them lovingly.