13

"Jake stop fucking cheating!" Angelica complained as she threw down her pile of cards onto the center of the floor where they were playing.

"Oh how the turns have tabled. I'm the one winning now Broski." He celebrated as he danced in his seat.

It had been a little over a week since Sunghoon had gotten home at 1am and fell asleep with Shortcake.

She had barely seen Sunghoon since he was always out early and home late.

Angelica rolled her eyes and stared at him.

"Aren't you supposed to be working?" She asked him as she stood up to grab a snack from the kitchen.

Jake's eyes nervously went back and forth trying to think of an answer.

"Well yeah. But since your husband loves to leave all the work to me on random days, I decided to take my revenge." He answered as he walked towards the kitchen island, sitting on one of the chairs.

He obviously couldn't say he was there because Sunghoon was especially worried to leave her home alone.

It was a Friday so she was off work, she would be alone until around 9 which was the time Sunghoon normally got home.

"Plus your husband didn't want you to be alone since you're sick and all." Jake being Jake had to add a little bit of truth in there.

"I haven't felt sick in two days."

"So?"

"So?" Angelica mocked as she washed the strawberries she grabbed from the fridge. "What is he worried about anyways. He hasn't talked to me in a week." She mumbled under her breath.

She walked up to the kitchen island and placed the strawberries on the counter so Jake could also grab some.

She suddenly remembered the conversation she had overheard at the cafe.

"Anyways, where have you guys been going all these days? I barely see you." Angelica tried to dig as she bit into a strawberry, turning towards the fridge to grab the can of whipped cream.

"We've been going out for drinks and stuff. Since we're so stressed with work." He chuckled as he played with his fingers.

So he's lying to me too?

"Mmm." Angelica hummed as a response as she took another bite of the strawberry now laced with whipped cream.

"Why do you ask?"

"Just curious. Since Sunghoon's been coming home really late, I'm worried he isn't getting enough sleep."

Jake nodded in understanding and pulled his phone out of his pocket seeing a text from Heeseung.

His eyes widened and he looked up at Angelica seeing if she noticed, which she absolutely did, but he didn't know she had spotted the name.

He quickly switched to his calm demeanor and stood from the chair.

"I'll leave now then. Sunghoon's on his way up." He said softly, waving at her as he hurriedly exits the home.

Angelica narrowed her eyes at the closed door as she wondered why he was acting that way too.

"What the fuck are they hiding?" She whispered to herself as she angrily grabbed a strawberry and put whipped cream on it.

Her eyes moved to the door where Sunghoon wandered into the apartment, closing the door behind him.

He dropped his keys on the counter and ran a hand through his hair with a stressed sigh.

"Hey." Angelica said as she turned around to heat up the dinner she had made earlier.