31

Angelica looked to her side to see Sunghoon had fallen asleep against the car window.

She smiled softly and looked back towards the road.

It's only a 20 minute car ride back to their house, which Sunghoon only talked about 2 of the minutes and would trail off as he was talking making Angelica giggle.

Honestly, she was feeling bad for him.

He had to get up early for work, than after work he would be handling things with the guys, after that he would get home late at night only to sleep less than 2 hours, since Angelica's morning sickness was acting up on some days.

And now he was beat up and in pain.

It made her think back to their days in school.

When he would still show up to school with bruises all over his face and body.

Angelica frowned as she was feeling guilty for basically demanding his attention.

Parking at a 24-hour convenience store, she looked at the clock with a tired sigh.

Her gaze went towards Sunghoon, who was still fast asleep.

She quickly gets out of the car and walks inside, heading straight to the over-the-counter medicine isle.

As she's looking around, she suddenly spots a man who had walked inside the previously empty convenience store right after she did.

Her stare moves towards the worker who got up and went towards the back with an empty box of Hershey's.

That's...weird.

Angelica cautiously continues walking, going down to the isle all the way in the back.

Her eyes stayed on the man as she pretended to look at the Sun chips.

Why is it always Sun chips?

"Angie!"

She suddenly felt a hand over her head pulling her down, and gun shots rang along the convenience store making her let out a scream.

She looked to her right, seeing Sunghoon who was cocking his gun as he looked between the snacks to try to get a glimpse at their attackers.

"Shit." Sunghoon winced suddenly as he gripped his arm.

A bullet had grazed his skin. The sleeve of his brown sweater was getting stained in red.

His lip was still bleeding and his cheek was starting to swell.

Angelica angrily followed his lead and pulled out her own gun from her jacket pocket.

His gaze quickly went to her as he heard the sound of the gun.

Her eyes were determined as she also looked through the cracks.

That's hot...

Sunghoon let a slight smirk fall on his lips and turned his eyes to the front again.

The gunshots had stopped but it was obvious the person or people were still in the room.

Sunghoon softly nudges Angelica's arm and gestured for the other side.

They both quickly moved to opposite sides of the aisle.

Angelica cautiously looked over the corner.

Out of instinct, she spotted someone with a gun in their hand, and she shot straight ahead, right at the man's chest.

She quickly hid again as her determination still hadn't gone away.

Sunghoon looked at her for a second as he was surprised she actually shot somebody.