EIGHTEEN. okay

It's a well known fact that lost and found clothes sucked, and yet the second Simon dropped the bin down on the floor, they all dove in, hoping to simply snag the least bad outfit possible

It's a well known fact that lost and found clothes sucked, and yet the second Simon dropped the bin down on the floor, they all dove in, hoping to simply snag the least bad outfit possible. They needed to make sure that none of them had any of Sam's blood on them, so Simon dug out the lost property basket at the school and they were all digging through it. 

"We have to decontaminate," Josh said. "You can't have any of Sam's blood on you,"

"Well," Sam crossed her arms, trying to keep her tone light despite the exhaustion seeping into her voice. "Not much I can do about that," She turned to walk down the hallways to the science classrooms, Deena grabbing the rest of her clothes and hurrying after her without a word.

"Deena, you have to get clean too!" Josh reminded her. "Not a single drop, okay?" Deena waved him off hurriedly and Josh scoffed at his sister, shaking his head.

Deena felt almost a sense of deja vu following Sam into the lab. Biology had never been her strong suit, but it was Sam's, the younger girl put in the junior class when she was only a sophomore.

Deena had immediately stalked towards the back, not even looking up when the seat beside her was sat in. She knew this girl, not well enough to put a name to a face, but she'd seen her at football games. She was a cheerleader.

Deena hadn't known what she was expecting, it wasn't like Sam wore her blue Shadyside cheer uniform all the time, but dark ripped jeans, a green flannel over a white shirt and heavy doc martens that made her taller than Deena, was not what the junior was expecting.

"Can I sit here?" her voice, a slightly husky yet sweet tone offset her entire vibe completely and Deena found herself nodding.

The classroom looked virtually the same as it had since junior year biology, but the mood was completely different. Of course it would be. Yet, as Sam came and stood beside her, Deena felt like not much had changed.

"Rub-a-dub-dub time!" Simon skipped cheerfully into the boy's bathroom, Kate going towards the women's on the left. Maddie was right behind her when she stopped, turning to her friend with a conspiratory glance.

"You'll thank me later," Kate pushed her gently to the right, Maddie steadying herself against the door, which swung open at her touch. She stood awkwardly, glaring at Kate, who turned to Josh. "I don't wanna go in by myself,"

Josh looked between the two girls before deciding he didn't want to know (he also didn't want to pass up the opportunity to be alone with Kate), following her into the girl's bathroom with a whisper of the konami code, leaving Maddie with no choice but to go into the other bathroom with Simon.

Simon had already discarded most of his clothes by the time Maddie walked in, standing unapolagetically in the middle of the room. She felt a little relieved that Josh hadn't gone in, because knowing the younger boy, he definitely would have been awkward about it. He hadn't seen her yet, and Maddie allowed herself this one moment to study him before things would go back to normal.