THIRTY FOUR. sarah fier shit

Julia groaned loudly, watching as Bonnie and Scott stood around a group of the younger kids

Julia groaned loudly, watching as Bonnie and Scott stood around a group of the younger kids. "I want what they have."

"Gross," Evie didn't even look up from where she was applying a blue stripe onto Jamie Barrett's cheeks. Julia didn't pick up on how loaded the statement was.

"Like, I know their lives probably suck and their kids aren't nearly as wonderful as I think they are," she sighed dreamily. "But sometimes I'll be holding Katie on my lap when I'm over at my sister's and I just love her so much." Julia reasoned, holding the makeup palette so Evie could use her other hand to steady the young girl's face gently. "I want a baby."

"Have one with me," Evie suggested.

Julia pretended to really consider it. "If only we could, we'd be the best parents."

Evie lived close enough to Bonnie's parents that she heard the tantrums Madeline threw. Being a parent definitely wasn't easy, and she didn't know if she wanted kids. The good news is that she didn't have to worry about getting pregnant without warning like Bonnie did with her son.

She could tell they loved their kids, and Madeline had been on purpose after they realised they loved being parents, but Evie didn't know if she would be able to handle it.

Her relationship with her sister had been rough enough, she couldn't handle having a child like that too.

"You're all done, Jamie," Evie smiled down at her and Jamie scurried off to join Danny's group. He was giving the kids a pep talk, holding their flag for the first game.

They watched as Cindy approached, placing a hand on Danny's back. He'd been zoning in and out since the altercation with Mary, only a few hours earlier. Evie still didn't think this was a good idea.

"Another couple who are disgustingly cute," Julia said. "You okay?" She nudged Evie with her elbow.

"Why wouldn't I be, Julia?" Evie asked firmly, busying herself with packing up their station.

Julia didn't want to press it. She knew that Evie was her best friend, but she wasn't Evie's best friend. She also knew that Evie and Cindy's friendship was a lot different from her own friendship with Evie. She wasn't going to be cruel about it, though, and make Evie confess it out loud.

"You guys alright?" Tommy came up behind him. He had a mark on his jaw that Julia reached up to wipe off, only to be delighted by the source.

"Is that... lipstick?" She asked him gleefully.

Everyone knew about Tommy's thing for Valerie. It was sweet, Tommy was one of the nicest guys that Evie knew and, as much as she hated to say it, Val was kind of a bitch to most people. Not to Tommy, though, as shown by the red mark on Julia's index finger.

Evie still had her headache.

Bonnie and Scott, Cindy and Danny, now Valerie and Tommy. It felt like maybe she should just marry Julia. Not they'd be allowed.