THIRTY FIVE. tylenol

Alice had snagged Cindy's bag and the journal, with her and Arnie beelining out of the cabin

Alice had snagged Cindy's bag and the journal, with her and Arnie beelining out of the cabin. Cindy stormed after tham. "Alice! Bring that back! What are you doing?"

Alice scoffed, knocking back one of the pills from the bottle Arnie had taken from Danny. "It's called fun, Cindy Berman. You used to have it, remember?"

They ran off into the forest, whooping about Sarah Fier. Cindy was all the way down the steps, with Evie and Danny hanging around the open door.

"Did you say something?"

Evie looked up at him, shaking her head. "You okay? Your headache isn't any worse, is it?"

Danny grimaced. "Think if I asked nicely they'd give me whatever those pills were."

Cindy huffed. "Come on! They took everything!"

Danny shrugged his jacket on, looking down at Evie. "Great, this should be super fun to deal with."

Evie agreed, both of them jogging to catch up to Cindy. "I really didn't plan to do any running tonight."

It was mid-sunset, and it was getting darker by the second. It was lucky that Arnie had grabbed a flashlight or they wouldn't have been able to see an inch in front of them, especially with how thick the trees were.

Cindy was truly pissed to have to be there. "I swear to god," she grumbled, gasping as her top caught in the branch of a tree. When she pulled it away there was a hole at the bottom of her sleeve. "Shit!"

"Oh, this is something that just happens now?" Evie asked. 

She looked back at the two of them, unimpressed. "You want me to murder you?"

Sometimes Cindy felt like her friends ganged up on her. She knew she was uptight, she just had a lot of responsibility on her shoulders. She had enough shit to worry about without other people making her life harder. She loved Evie, and she loved Danny too, but Cindy's life was kind of fucked if she was honest. Eliminating small problems made her feel better about it, and it felt like Evie and Danny didn't really care. It was just a shirt. 

Cindy frowned and Evie thought they were going to get snapped at again, going to apologise for the joke. Cindy spoke first, "Are you okay?"

Evie turned to Danny. He was shaking, his entire face covered in sweat, blonde hair sticking to his cheeks. It was freezing out there, Evie was only in shorts and a tank top and she was cold. Danny was wearing jeans and a jacket. "Yeah," he said uncertainly. "I'm fine."

Neither of the girls could ask again, though, because they were interrupted by Alice letting out a bloodcurdling shriek further into the forest.

They all took off, Cindy reaching Alice first and the other two trailing behind. Danny looked gaunt in the torch light, eyes with dark circles that weren't usually there, skin an ashy grey.