XVIII-Pastry Chef David

We are together yet it's still Brian. Well, I know I cannot compete with him. Sino ba naman ako? Boss lang naman niya ko and I know she is only being nice to me. At least we are friends right? I guess that's more than enough for me.

I went straight to the kitchen while Maggie stayed at the living room talking to Brian over the phone. I know Brian is special to her but I'll make every moment with Maggie even more special.

I pulled out from the fridge the ingredients that I would need and wore my apron and hairnet.

"Hi boss. What should I do to help you?!"--- Maggie was standing by the counter with her sweetest smile and with her black silky hair freely flowing. I had to control the urge to run to her and touch her hair, every strand of it.

"Brian is planning on joining us."--- what? Kaya naman pala ganun ang smile ni Maggie. Dahil pupunta si Brian? And did she say yes? Without even asking me? This is our moment together. Well, yes, supposedly but not anymore.

"That's good. At least you can do some catching up. I don't know about your past, but I guess you guys need to talk."--- do I really have to say that? Well, whatever that will make Maggie happy then I'll go for it. Ako na, ako na ang bayani.

"I told him though that there's no need for him to join us."--- Really? So is Maggie choosing me over Brian? Is this for real? Teka lang, I have to hold my smile. Baka naman false alarm lang.

"He was coughing kasi and he seems not okay. Sabi ko nga instead na pumunta siya sa Zambales eh magpacheck up na lang siya."--- Okay. I knew it. I will never win over Brian.

"Oh. Kung gusto mo, before we go to Zambales, we can check on Brian first so we can be sure that he is okay."--- I tried to control my sarcasm Pero lumabas na eh.

"Huh? Ahmmmm... Lucy is with him so I think he's gonna be alright."--- at talagang malungkot at may selos ang boses ni Maggie. Sana ako na lang ang may sakit para sa akin na lang siya mag worry.

"That's good then, at least there's someone to take care of him."--- I grabbed another apron for Maggie to wear. We better start baking if we still plan to go to Zambales.

"Here, take this. Will have to start baking."--- I handed Maggie her apron.

"Wow. Sir David, I didn't know you like Garfield. And it's yellow. Akin na lang to. Pwede sir?"--- I was taken aback. I never knew that Maggie and Minhee have the same taste. I was supposed to give this to Minhee before our break up. But I never had the chance. I wanted us to bake together and savor the cake together. I'm a cheesy kind of guy but that's how I am eh. I almost forgot that I have it with me, not until now. Should I give this away to Maggie?

"Is there something wrong Sir David? Bakit di mapinta ang mukha mo?"--- well, I could see concern in her eyes. At least.

"Huh? No. I'm good. I just remembered something. So are you ready to bake?"--- I tried to get rid of Minhee in my mind.

"Yes. Yes. Pero sir, Ano, pwede bang, pwede bang will take our picture first? Remembrance lang. First time kong magbake eh. Sige na sir. Souvenir natin."--- bigla siyang lumapit sa tabi ko at Kumuha ng picture namin. Pakiramdam ko tuloy huminto ang mundo ko at tuluyan ko nang nalimutan si Minhee.

---

A/N

So how do you like this so far? So many unguarded moments Huh? A lot of simple things can make us happy. Look around you and God has made a wonderful painting of the world. Syempre may mga Di ka magagandang makikita pero di ibig sabihin nun, you should not enjoy life. Live life to the fullest.

Learn how to bake. Ahahaha.

Vote. Share. Comment. Thanks.