Chapter 10

Rose smiled as she looked up to see Ransom waiting for her on the porch as she pulled up to the Thrombey house for his birthday party, "hi."

He pulled her to him, kissing her urgently as he heard her moan before pulling away, "hi. I missed you all week."

She chuckled, "me too. What are you doing out here?"

He shrugged, "I was waiting for you."

"It's your party Ransom, shouldn't you be inside?"

He grinned, "no party without you."

She rolled her eyes, "I can't tell if you're just so good at playing up the charm, or if this is who you really are."

Ransom laughed, "can it be both?"

"I haven't decided yet." She handed him a box, "I didn't know what to get for you."

He brought his hand up to his cheek, "I said I only wanted you. But, thank you." He opened the box to find a money clip with his initials on it, "I love it." He leaned down to kiss her, hovering his lips over hers, "thank you. The best present would be you letting me take you upstairs later."

Rose giggled, "done. Come on. I can feel eyes watching us." She heard him sigh as she grabbed his hand, leading him inside. Once she greeted everyone, she went into the study while Ransom went to get her a drink, finding Harlan. "Do you always hide in here?"

He laughed, "from them? Absolutely. How are you Rose?"

She smiled as she sat in the chair across from his desk, "I'm good Harlan."

He nodded, "but?"

She chuckled, "but what?"

"Come on dear, there's something. What is it?"

She shrugged, "do you think Ransom is ready for kids?"

He laughed, "are you pregnant?"

"God no." Rose groaned, "no. He said he wants to have kids, but I'm not sure he's really ready."

He nodded, "I'm not sure he is either, why?" He heard her sigh as she leaned back in her chair. "Right. Just tell him Rose."

She looked up at him, "just tell him what?"

Harlan shrugged as he stood up from his chair, "whatever it is you're too afraid to tell him."

She groaned and nodded, "I will."

"There you are!" Ransom grinned as Rose stood up, taking the drink he made for you. "Are you trying to steal my girlfriend grandfather?"

Harlan laughed, "I might be. You better watch her around me Ransom."

Rose giggled as Harlan winked at her before Ransom led her away.

He leaned down to her ear, "can I take you upstairs?"

"Yes please." She heard him moan softly as he grabbed her hand, leading her to a bedroom on the second floor. She giggled as she set her drink on the dresser as she felt his lips on her neck, "oh Ransom. I can't get enough of you."

He nodded, "me too." He moaned as he watched her kneel in front of him, undoing his pants as she pulled his cock free. "Fuck." He rested his head back against the wall as he felt her take him into her mouth. "Oh Rosie."

She chuckled, hearing him moan as she scraped her teeth along the shaft before taking him back into her mouth. She gripped his balls in one hand as she stroked with her other hand as she felt him getting close.

"Please don't stop Rosie."

She watched him clutch onto the edge of the dresser next to him as she felt the other hand firmly on her head. She moaned, feeling him tighten as she took him into her mouth, feeling him hit the back of her throat. She heard him groan as she swallowed, releasing him as he tried to catch his breath. She stood up as she felt him pull her to him, turning to pin her to the wall as he kissed her.

He finally pulled away, fixing his pants, "not what I was expecting. But I'll take it. Didn't you want to talk about something?"

"Yes. But not now. After the party?"

He smiled, "yeah."

She heard her phone ringing, seeing it was Paul. "I have to take this."

He nodded, "okay. I'll see you downstairs." He kissed her quickly before leaving her alone in the room.

When she finished talking to Paul, she finished her drink, taking it to the kitchen before finding Ransom talking to some friends of his.

"Oh god. Can you imagine little me's running around? I'm definitely not ready for the responsibility of kids yet. Not to mention, them destroying all my shit. I'm still enjoying my life." He laughed as his friends did.

Harlan saw Rose hang her head down before Ransom noticed her.

"Rose. Are you okay?"

Rose nodded at Ransom as he grabbed her hand, turning to face her as she approached, "yeah. I have to go though. That was my dad. It was an emergency. I'm sorry Ransom." She leaned up, kissing him on the cheek. "Happy birthday."

Ransom followed her outside, "wait! What happened?"

She shook her head as she tried to keep back the tears that were threatening to fall, "nothing. I just have to go. I'm sorry Ransom." She got into the car without looking at him, pulling away without looking back. She pulled off to the side of the road once she was out of the line of sight, resting her head on her arms of the steering wheel as she began to cry.