Chapter 17

Ransom smiled as Rose entered the apartment just as he was finishing dinner.

"You made me dinner?"

Ransom shrugged, leaning down to kiss her as she approached him, "I did." He felt her kick off her shoes before wrapping her arms around his neck, leading him over to the couch. He let out a small grunt when she pushed him onto the couch, "what are you doing?"

Rose groaned as she unzipped her skirt, "I miss you Ransom. We can talk while we eat."

He nodded, pulling off his shirt as he watched her get undressed in front of him. He grabbed her waist, "I love you Rose."

"What?!" She wrapped her arms around his neck as she stood between his legs.

He chuckled, "I said. I love you Rosalie Miller." He kissed up her stomach to her chest, finding her mouth as she moaned and he undid his pants.

She moaned, pulling him from his pants before straddling him, lowering herself onto him. "I love you Ransom."

"God I missed you Rosie." He saw her only nod as she crashed her lips into his. He ran his fingers up her back as she grinded on him with fervor, making him groan. Once they were done, he watched Rose get up quickly, making him laugh, "where are you going?"

"To change. I'll be right back."

He chuckled, shaking his head as he put his clothes back on. He picked up her scattered clothes and her shoes, taking them into the bedroom to see her looking at the flowers he set on her dresser.

"You buy me flowers too much."

Ransom laughed, "I'm sorry? Most women would like that."

Rose giggled, "I do. I really do love you Ransom."

He smiled, watching her flit around the bedroom, putting on some sweats and a t-shirt as he leaned against the doorframe.

She turned to see him watching her, "what?!"

He shook his head, resting his hands at her waist as she approached him, "you're so beautiful. I love you. Come on. Let's eat."

Rose nodded, following him to the kitchen, "did you clean up?" She noticed everything was neat and tidy around the living room and kitchen.

Ransom blushed slightly as they sat at the table, "maybe. I'm sorry. I can't help it."

She laughed, "you're far too uptight Ransom. Just promise that you won't touch things in Sloane's room. She likes things the way she puts them."

Ransom nodded, "of course. Do you really think I'm uptight?"

"Oh babe. You don't even wear jeans. And you don't wear sweats around the house, you wear slacks."

He shrugged, "I don't like jeans. They're restricting."

Rose nodded, "and..."

He sighed, "and appearances matter. I can't be seen out wearing jeans."

"There it is. Loosen up Drysdale. If you're serious about being here with me then you're going to have to loosen up a bit."

"I know. I will. I'm working on it. You're daughter is something else."

Rose grinned, "did you have a good day?"

"We had the best day. I took her to the aquarium. She's so smart. How old is she?"

"6. She had her birthday at the end of July."

He nodded, "right, the birthday party. Makes sense." He sighed, looking at his food, "I feel awful. For being an idiot. It had nothing to do with you or with Sloane. I was afraid of not being good enough. I'm so sorry Rose."

"I know." She leaned over, grabbing his hand as she saw him look up with his eyes welling with tears, "it's okay. You're here now. That's all that matters."

He nodded, "I just wish Harlan would have gotten to meet her. He would have loved her."

Rose sighed, standing up to wrap her arms around him as he buried his head in her chest, "I know Ransom. I should have told you sooner."

He chuckled, looking up at her, "did you really let me win at chess?"

Rose laughed, sitting back down, "I did. I'm sorry. You can't beat me."

Ransom laughed, "we'll see. I need a bigger place."

"What? Why?"

He sighed, shrugging, "because my condo is only one bedroom. And certainly not child friendly."

"Ransom, slow down. We should wait to make sure this is going to work out before we make any important decisions about that sort of thing."

He smiled, "you're right. I'll wait until you're ready to move in and we can buy a house together. With rooms for more kids? Our kids?"

"You want kids with me?"

Ransom chuckled, "are you kidding? Sloane is amazing. I want more."

Rose laughed, "okay. Well again. Slow down Ransom."

He nodded, "can I bring some stuff here? So I can sleep over more."

"Of course you can. I'll get you another key made."

Ransom grinned, "okay!"

🌹🌹🌹🌹

Rose laid on the couch next to Ransom when the door opened and Sloane jumped on them. "Okay little one. You need to get ready for bed." Rose got up off the couch, holding Sloane's hand before disappearing into her room.

Ransom stood up from the couch to shake Paul's hand, "thanks."

Paul nodded, "you guys get everything settled?"

Ransom smiled, "I think we did, yeah."

"Good. I'll make sure I knock from now on."

Ransom blushed as he nodded, walking Paul to the door. He locked it after shutting it, turning back to Rose coming out of Sloane's room.

"She wants you to read to her and tuck her into bed." She smiled at Ransom's grin before going into her own bedroom, crawling into bed. She was almost asleep when she felt Ransom crawl in beside her, pulling her to him. She sighed, looking up at him, "thank you."

"For what?"

She wrapped her arm around his midsection, "for being so great with her. She really likes you. Promise me you aren't going to run away."

"I promise Rose, I'm not going anywhere."