Chapter 22 - Final

*****7 years later*****

Rose was just dressed as she watched Sloane barge into her room, obviously distressed.

"Mom! The twins knocked over my jelly fish lamp and it broke!"

Rose sighed, "I'm sorry honey."

Ransom came out of the bathroom, pulling on a shirt, "I'll buy you a new one love."

Rose nodded, "and I will talk to the twins about staying out of your room."

Sloane sighed, "fine." She let Ransom put his arm around her shoulder as she hugged him, "thank you daddy."

He chuckled, "you're welcome sweet girl. I promise I'll buy you a new one, okay?"

She nodded as he ran his fingers through her hair, "okay."

"Go on then. I'll be out in a minute to start breakfast." Once she was gone, he turned to Rose, "sure you don't want more?"

Rose laughed as he pulled her to him by her waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck, "if we hadn't had twins, maybe. But I think I'm good Ransom."

He laughed, "I know you are. Me too." He leaned down to kiss her, feeling her gripping his hair in her hand as she kept his lips pressed firmly to hers. He groaned, "I have to go make breakfast. Go talk to the twins."

She sighed, "I'm going." She climbed the stairs to Sloane's room finding her twins, William and Ava trying to clean up the lamp. She sat on the edge of the bed, "I will clean that up. What are you two doing in here?" She put her arms up as her 5 year old twins placed themselves in front of her. "Will?"

He sighed, "I'm sorry mama."

Rose nodded, "I know you are. But haven't daddy and I both told you guys to stay out of Sloane's room?"

Ava rolled her eyes, "yes mama."

Rose laughed, "then you guys need to listen or I'm going to let her go into your rooms and break something of yours." She heard them both trying to speak over each other as she sighed, "you both need to go an apologize to Sloane."

They both groaned and sighed, speaking in unison, "yes mama."

She watched them both run away out of Sloane's room. She followed them down to the kitchen where Ransom was making pancakes. She watched them both apologize to Sloane.

Ransom set a plate of pancakes in front of each kid as their dog, Max plodded into the kitchen, leaving muddy footprints as he did. He laughed as Rose groaned, "always something. You want clean up or to finish making breakfast?"

She sighed, kissing him, "I'll clean up. I'm gonna clean up Sloane's lamp first."

Ransom nodded, "okay." He turned to Sloane after Rose walked away. "You know if you want the twins to respect your privacy, then you need to do the same. You can't be barging into our room like you did this morning. You need to knock."

Sloane nodded, rolling her eyes, "okay. I'm sorry daddy."

He grinned, leaning down to kiss her on the cheek, "it's okay sweet girl." He set out two more plates of pancakes as he felt Rose sit in a chair next to him. He rested his hand on her thigh, leaning over to kiss her. "I love you."

Rose smiled, "I love you Ransom."

****The End****
😘😘