Chapter 15

Rose sat in the living room when she heard the soft knock of Ransom. She opened the door, letting him in quietly. She pointed to a shoe rack next to the, seeing him nod and place his shoes there before following her into the bedroom. Neither of them said anything as Ransom undressed to his underwear while Rose climbed in bed. Once he was undressed, he slid into the bed next to her, wrapping his arms around her.

"I miss you."

Rose rolled over to face him, placing her hand on his cheek as she inspected the sadness on his face, "I'm here Ransom. I miss you. Sleep."

Ransom nodded, resting his head on hers.

🌹🌹🌹🌹

Rose rolled over in the morning to see she was alone in the bed. She got up, getting dress quickly, pulling on a pencil skirt and a white blouse. She pulled her hair back, out of her face before grabbing a blazer. She found Ransom in the kitchen in his slacks and t-shirt, cooking. "Are you making breakfast?"

Ransom nodded, smiling as she approached him. "I am. I don't know what you and Sloane like."

She laughed, looking at all the food, "honey, there's only three of us. How many people are you trying to feed?"

Ransom turned to her, shrugging as he looked at the eggs, bacon, toast and pancakes, "I don't know!"

She chuckled, wrapping her arms around his neck, "it's okay. Thank you." She leaned up to kiss him as she heard Paul enter the apartment behind her.

He paused at the door, "I'm sorry. I won't just come in anymore."

She nodded, "thanks. Sit. Eat. Ransom made too much food." She watched Sloane come out, dressed.

Sloane stopped when she saw Ransom, grinning. "Ransom!"

He grunted as she hugged him, hesitating at first before hugging her back, smiling at Rose. "I made breakfast. What do you want?"

Sloane looked at the food, "I want eggs and pancakes!"

He laughed, "okay then." He made her a plate, aware that Rose was watching him, "what?"

She shrugged, "nothing. I'll be right back."

Paul stood up next to Ransom after Rose went to her bedroom, "she's never once let a guy spend the night here. Not once."

"Really?" Ransom grinned, nodding, "thanks."

Rose sighed, putting on her shoes before coming back out into the kitchen. She looked at Paul, "you taking Sloane today since she has no school? Some teacher's institute or whatever."

Paul nodded but Ransom interjected, "I can take her. Let me take her."

Rose hesitated, "you just met her Ransom. You've never dealt with kids before."

He shrugged, "it will give us time to get to know each other. Please, I want to. I can call Paul or you if I need anything." He took a step towards her, caressing her cheeks with the back of his fingers, "and we still need to talk."

"I know we do." She sighed, "I don't know Ransom."

"He can take her all day and I can come pick her up for dinner so that you guys can talk." Paul smiled at Ransom as he grinned back for the support.

Rose knelt down next to Sloane at the kitchen table, "do you want to hang out with Ransom today?"

Sloane nodded, "can I mama? Please?!"

Rose groaned, "ugh. Fine!" She dug into her purse, pulling out her keys, handing them to Ransom. "Give me the keys to the BMW."

"What?! Why?"

Rose laughed, "because there is no real back seat. And my car already has her booster seat. And my car is safer than yours. You take my most prized possession, I take yours."

Ransom laughed, "okay." He reached into his pocket, handing her his keys. "I've never let anyone else ever drive it before."

She grinned, "well I've never left my daughter with a man before."

He nodded, "I know. You can trust me."

She sighed, "okay. I have to go to work. I'll be back later."

Ransom grinned, "good. I'll make you dinner."

She kissed Sloane and Paul on the cheek before grabbing Ransom's hand. She led him out into the hall, "don't make me regret this. Take care of my daughter."

"I will! I promise. We'll be fine." He gripped her waist, "I can do this."

She nodded, wrapping her arms around his neck, "I know you can. I trust you Ransom." She chuckled at his smile as she kissed him. She moaned as he pulled her closer, keeping her body pressed firmly to his.

He sighed, pulling away, "I need you Rosie."

"Me too. Later. I promise."

He nodded, "okay. Have a good day."

🌹🌹🌹🌹

Rose smiled up from her desk when she saw Ryan approaching her, "hey. What are you doing back here?"

"Well, your firm is wooing me." He smiled down at her, "and you? How are you?"

Before she could answer, she looked past him to see a delivery person carrying a vase of sunflowers. "I'm good." She stood up as the delivery person approached, accepting the flowers. She set them on the edge of her desk before looking up to see Ryan smiling at her, "what?"

"You talked to him? I'm glad it worked out Rose."

She nodded, "we're seeing how it goes. Thank you Ryan."

He shrugged, "it would be a lie if I didn't say I was a little jealous. But, I'm glad to see you're happy again."

Rose laughed, "thanks. Sit. I'll let them know you're here."