Chapter 17

Catherine's point of view

The dinner was a mess, and it was all Josh's and my fault. He was being irritable. He was either really quiet, or really cocky. It was getting on my last nerve, and when we were in our car, me driving him to his house, I decided to talk to him about it.

"What is your problem?" I asked him. "Something is going on and I don't like it." I said and then looked at him. He was staring out of his window, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Nothing," was all I got from him. It was not the answer I was looking for however.

"Josh, I'm serious. What's going on? You're acting different." I said. "An actual answer please." I begged, but this time, I got no reply.

"I told you, nothing is going on." He said smply.

"Dammit Josh," I said and looked at him. "Why are you doing this? Why are you pushing me away? What happened? You used to tell me everything." I told him. "Why is this so all of a sudden."

"I don't know, why are you always eye-fucking Ashton? Ignoring me? Blowing me off to spend time with the guys." He said, and I couldn't help the amused smile that broke out on my lips.

"I'm pretty sure when I'm blowing you off, it isn't anywhere close to when we spend time with the guys, just saying."

"Can you be mature for one moment Catherine? One fucking moment? God dammit, you're so annoying." He asked me irritated, not seeming to care if it hurt my feelings.

"Sorry," I said and focused my attention on the road again. "I um, it just came out. I wasn't thinking."

That hurt. That hurt like hell. I know I was childish and I know I was immature, but I didn't know how much it annoyed people. I was just doing something I didn't get to when I was younger. I never got to say what I wanted or what was on my mind, so now, I guess I went overboard with it.

"You never think before you speak, that's your problem." He said and I looked at him. "You have a brain, use it sometime will you?"

"You have a mouth, shut it right now will you?"

"You're the one who wanted me to speak. You wanted to know what was wrong. You wanted me to tell you and now you want me to shut up? Bi-polar much?" He scoffed, his ignorance hurting me.

"Bi-polar disorder has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Do not bring up an actual illness and treat it like an adjective Josh. I am not bi-polar, I am just annoyed with you." I said and he just rolled his eyes. "And I wanted to talk, not have you act like a dick towards me. If that's all you are going to do, you minus well shut up now."

"You provoked it. You weren't happy with my answer. You felt the need to dig deeper. You're like a pesk." He said and my grip on the steering wheel grew tighter.

"I just wanted to kow what the fuck was causing you to act like a fucking dickhead. What made you think it was okay to push me out and shamelessly check out people. If I did anything wrong." I said angrily.

"Why did I think it was okay to check out other girls? Why do you think it's okay to eye-rape Ashton? If you can check guys out, wouldn't that make you a hypocrite to not let me do the same?" He said and I grit my teeth.

I was dying to tell him it sounded like he wanted to check guys out himself but couldn't, but I bit my tongue.

"It was wrong of me to do so, I agree, however, you can't just talk to me about it? You can't just say, 'hey Cat, I saw you checking Ashton out, that's not okay'." I said and he turned to finally look at me.