Chapter 22

Catherine's point of view

I sat in a hotel room, my eyes watery and a vodka bottle between me and Ashton. "Why don't they want us together Ash? Why are they so keen on trying to break us up? I love you." I said and buried my head into his side.

"Because I fucked up a lot and now that seems to be all I'm doing. They just don't want you hurt again Cat. They don't want me to hurt you again." He sighed. "Maybe-Maybe they're right."

"Or maybe they're wrong." I said and took a swig of the sinful bottle in the brown bag. "Maybe you have made mistakes, but so have I, so has Calum. Everyone makes mistakes."

"I didn't mean to fuck up. It was an accident. I never meant to hurt anyone." He said and I heard him a sniffle. "I never meant to hurt you. I just-"

"I know Ash, calm down babe."

"Calum's right. I always fuck things up, who's to say I won't do it now?" He said and I looked at him. His eyes were full of tears. "I don't think I can do this again, I can't hurt you again."

I climbed on to his lap and looked at him, forcing him to look at me. "Then don't Ashton." I told him. "If you don't want to, then don't. Do you not trust yourself Ashton?"

"No because I get drunk a lot and I don't know what happens when I'm drunk." He said. "I can't trust myself. I don't believe I can."

"It's me or its a bunch of chicks from a bar Ashton, you have to choose."

"You. It will always be you. I don't want anyone else besides you." He told me. "You're all I want and need."

"If you truly feel that way you wouldn't end up in a bed with another woman." I told him. "If you really wanted just me, you wouldn't have to doubt yourself."

"I just feel like I'm not good enough for you Catherine. I really don't. I make too many mistakes and I'm not very attractive at all and I'm annoying." He listed his insecurities to me, but little did he know, those were the things that I loved.

"You make mistakes, but you apologize for them sincerly Ashton, a lot of people can't do that. They can't admit what they did or said was erong." I told him and he nodded. "Oh, and you are one of the most attractive guys I've ever laid eyes on Ashton, you beat Zayn Malik and Zack Efron. And annoying? You're not annoying, not one bit." I told him and he kissed me.

His lips tasted of cheap alcohol and Chinese food, but I didn't mind. His hands gripped my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "You're amazing Ashton; perfectly imperfect." I told him and then looked into his hazel eyes

"You're my world right now Catherine." He told me and I smiled. "Please, please don't leave me, not now, not ever." He told me as he entertwined our fingers together. "Please."

"I promise Ashton." I told him and he smiled. "Promise me you won't leave me Ashton?" I asked him.

"I promise." He told me and I smiled myself. "Your smile is one of the most beautiful things in this world." He said and I chuckled. "The most beautiful thing on the world is knowing you're mine and that you believe in me even if I don't believe in myself."

"I'll always believe in you Ashton." I told him and he nodded. "I'll always be here for you okay? If you need anything at all Ashton, I'll be there for you." I said and he smiled.

"Thank you." He said to me and I nodded. "You're the best." He told me and pressed a quick kiss to my lips.

"Now, we have a half bottle of vodka and our clothes on..." I trailed off and he smirked.

"Let's see where this leads." He told me before he took a swig of the bottle. I laughed and nodded, doing the same right after. We threw the empty bottle on the floor and then he pressed his lips against mine hungrily.