Chapter 18: Progress

It was around 10pm when Aiko picked Chris up from Kate's house.

-

Chris: Aiko? Why do you look so sad?

Aiko: No reason, bud. Just thinking of some things.

Chris: Are you okay?

Aiko: Yeah but let's talk food. What do you want?

Chris: McDonalds!

Aiko: Okay. Go watch Spongebob while I start your bath, okay?

Chris: Okay.

He went and sat on the couch and Aiko went to the bathroom. She started the bath and Chris got in. She went to UberEats and ordered food. Before it arrived, she got Chris out the bath and helped him get dressed. As Chris sat on the couch, Aiko excited the apartment locked the door and got the food. After getting it, she fed Chris and put him to bed.

She sat in the kitchen and poured herself a drink. She sat at the table and looked outside. The lights from outside casting into the apartment windows. Her phones buzzes and she looked down.

Ciara

hey stranger :)

Aiko just looked at it and waited a little before texting back.

Aiko

heyoo

Ciara

hows it going?

Aiko

its going lol. you?

Ciara

same lol. just making myself a quick dinner and sipping some champagne

Aiko

ouuu what ya making?

Ciara

salmon :)

Aiko

ive never had it before. how much do you like it?

Ciara

LOVE IT!!

Aiko stopped responding because she accidentally fell asleep mid conversation.

-

The next morning, she jumped up. She remembered she was texting Ciara so she immediately went to the messages.

Ciara

It is late so you might've went to sleep since i did wear you out. nighty love <3

Aiko caught herself smiling and having butterflies in her stomach. She replied back.

Aiko

so sorry! i did fall asleep but morning :)

After that, Aiko showered and proceeded to get ready for the day. She got dressed and did her hair then helped Chris out. It was around 1pm when they were both ready. Aiko took Chris with her and they went to the mall and after that they went to Chuck E. Cheese. Once they were done there, they went to the grocery store

At around 8:30 pm they got home and put the groceries away. Chris went to watch Encanto while Aiko started prepared him something for dinner. In the middle of giving it to him, she gets a text. Its from Vinnie.

"Uh, hey! I was wondering if you wanted to get dinner or something today?"

She immediately texted back.