s3 e3

Ava

Alex stood up from her chair, "ill be back, excuse me."

i eyed her suspiciously, "you alright?"

she nods, "yes im fine, im just gonna head to the washroom really quickly."

i nod, "take your time."

"so," Rachel spoke suddenly, i loved the conversations she could spark up, it was never dull. "are you and Alexandra okay? your friendship?"

i smile at her comment, recalling the moments of Alexandra and i, "yes, our friendship is beyond amazing. she still gets on my nerves though, i can tell you that."

she laughs, "but you love her, endlessly, i can tell."

i nod, "and i always will, always."

suddenly, my phone went off, "excuse me," pulling it from my pocket, i noticed a message from Alex.

i shook my head as i read Alex's text, "Alyssa wants me to meet her, ill be back."

"who's that?" i heard Rachel ask. "is it Alex?"

"yes, she's just texting me to tell me that she had to run somewhere quickly."

"ah, okay," she nods. "Matt?"

"hmm?" he pulled his head up, directing his attention all over to Rachel.

pulling my attention downward, my mind began to wonder as i quickly drifted away. my mind immediately thought of Alex, was she okay?
where was she?

let's pray she'd come back safely, please.

i watched Alex like an eagle, i had to make sure she was okay at all times, that was just how i went about it.

suddenly, i heard Allen's voice, which pulled me out of my thoughts, "Ava!" i heard his shout in a whisper.

shifting my head in his direction, i noticed him peeking around the corner. lifting my brow, i quickly excused myself as i went off towards him, "what's the problem, Allen?"

he shakes his head, "it isn't, i just needed your help with something."

i eye him closely, "with what exactly?"

"i uh went and bought Alex and my dad a gift but i never had a chance to wrap it, could you help me?"

i nod, "of course, is it a big or small gift?"

"eh," he shrugs slowly. "in between, kind of."

"what did you get?"

quickly, he ran off into his bedroom as i followed behind, shutting the door quietly. he scrambling with a few bags before pulling out a few picture frames.

"i—" i tilt my head, watching him, my arms now folded. "what did you buy Allen?"

"when i was younger, around the time Matt and Josie adopted me, i had this picture of the three of them. i was into drawing and painting as well, i would stay up day and night doing it. Josie would scold me for it," he chuckles, smiling at the memories. "she didn't like me to sacrifice my education for it, she wanted me to pay attention and sometimes i didn't but i managed." he smiles but it quickly fades as he eyes the frames for a second before turning them my way. "before i went off to live with Rachel, i worked on this—not this exactly but you know?" he eyes me, holding the frames securely. "i know it's not much and i know many will see it as a two dollar painting, in a frame but Ava, ill never forget with this amazing family has done for me, hell, even you. i know you're not in this painting but that doesn't mean i don't appreciate it just as much."