Chapter 22: Ending Theme

"I hid in my ordinary days, in the long grass of routine,
in my camouflage rooms. You sprawled in my gaze,
staring back from anyone's face, from the shape of a cloud,
from the pining, earth-struck moon which gapes at me

as I open the bedroom door. There curtains stir. There you are
on the bed, like a gift, like a touchable dream."

- Carol Ann Duffy

Another long day, filled with towers of paperwork and a grueling schedule. Trixie knew starting out as a lawyer would be tough, but in truth it had been harder than what she imagined. Still, she loved her work, she loved her life. After graduating and ending her internship, she had been offered a job Williams, Ellis, Davis & Queen. Working at a law firm which had three female partners, after Bob's rise in rank, was incredible. The environment was so different from what she had known at Smith & Miller, even though Mr. Miller's departure had greatly improved the general mood of the office. Her workload was huge, but she never dreaded heading into work, instead she looked forward to it every day.

Katya had settled in well too, getting a job at Jacque's Cabaret as a bartender and occasional performer. It was right for her, and luckily not that far from Trixie's new office. The lawyer would often come after work and watch the shows, and watch her wife bloom in the environment she was clearly meant to be in. Trixie had known it the first time she had brought Katya, that Jacque's was the place was where she belonged. 

They had bought an apartment together between their two workplaces. A simple place decorated with their very opposite tastes in furniture. Trixie had demanded a pink kitchen with only pink utensils, and Katya had demanded a red bathroom with a box full of two-headed bathroom ducks. Their bedroom was half and half, the walls blue as a compromise, but Katya's side of the room featured a shelf of silicone body parts, whilst Trixie's featured a shelf of vintage Barbie dolls. It was their perfectly imperfect, chaotic paradise, and they couldn't imagine living any other way.

Getting Katya a green card had been a struggle, but with the help of Bob they had been able to prove that the Russian was staying out of love for Trixie. The wedding had been a bit rushed, but that didn't matter. No matter how simple it was, or how early it was in their relationship, all that mattered to them was that they could be together.

"Katya?" Trixie asked as she walked in the door.

"Bedroom!" Katya yelled out.

Trixie got her shoes off and tossed her coat and bag on the couch before she walked over to the bedroom where the door was left slightly open. When she entered the bedroom she found Katya laying on the bed in black lingerie, nylon thigh highs, and a leather choker. Her lips were painted a deep red, her icy blue eyes surrounded by dark eyeshadow, and her hair slightly curled.

There she was; Katya Zamolodchikova.
The girl Trixie had found by accident on a porn site.
The girl she had fantazised about getting to touch.
The girl she had fallen for through a screen.

There she was; her wife, on their bed like a gift, like a touchable dream.

"Do you know that I love you?" Trixie said, leaning against the doorway.

"Oh, do you now Miss BarbieDoll?" Katya teased, mocking the girl's old username.

"Oh fuck off! I didn't know what to put as a username." The other girl argued as she walked over to the bed.

"Do you want to know a secret? I loved that username. I imagined you being a human Barbie doll with beautifully exaggerated curves, someone unapologetically feminine. Of course, I also thought that would be too good to be true so I convinced myself that you would be a man, but you turned out to be everything I hoped for and more. That first session, I could not believe you were real. I felt like the luckiest person alive." 

"You make me feel like the luckiest person in the world, every single day." Trixie replied, capturing Katya's lips in a heated kiss.

"Thank you for finding me." Katya said once they pulled away. "Without you, I do not know where I would be right now."

"I don't know where I'd be either. I can't imagine living life without you. You're my home."

"And you're mine." The Russian replied.

Somehow a single website click had lead them to their destiny.
A curious law student and a camgirl finding love under unexpected circumstances.
And whilst their love story was unconventional, they wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

A/N: And so another story comes to an end. I want to thank you all for supporting this story and patiently waiting for chapters even when it at times took months. I've got a new story called "The Top Of The Mountain" out now, and I'm also currently working on "When The Gold Is Gone" and "Her Only Weakness". Three very different books, but hopefully you can find what you like in one of them. I've also got a ton of other completed stories, so please consider checking those out. Thank you all again <3

- Annie