Ⅲ.

✧ ・゚ : * ✧ ・゚ : *

Avdol found it to be slightly amusing, pointing to the flaming clock.

"You are going to kill me when the clock turns to twelve? Aren't you being rather conceited? Mister..."

The man frowned.

"Polnareff. Allow me to introduce myself. Jean Pierre Polnareff." Avdol smiled, nodding his head.

"Merci beaucoup. I appreciate your introduction. But..." With a wave of his finger, the table blew up in flames, and the clock figure burned up as well.

"Monsieur Polnareff, don't assume that my flames always burn upwards and downwards as in nature. It's called Magician's red because it controls things freely,"

"The card that my Stand has, The Chariot, suggests conquest and victory. I don't mind taking care of you in this cramped little space, but, Avdol, you would be able to use your flame abilities in a much more open space, wouldn't you? It would be fitting for my Stand to defeat you under those circumstances. A fitting victory. But to make sure you don't go against your word, I'm keeping the girl with me. That way, if you lose or try to run off, I will already have one of DIO's precious desires," Evelyn scoffed, and Kakyoin clenched his fists in response.

Joseph jumped in, helping out with a loud exclamation; "OH MY GOD!!"

"Believe in me, Evelyn. And if it comes to that, I believe you can get yourself out on your own. But for now, let Polnareff have his request granted. This is the only way our fight will be fair," Avdol reasoned. Evelyn rolled her eyes, but she could see Kakyoin glaring at the man who was holding her arm secure. She huffed, "Let's get this over with then, shall we?"

✧ ・゚ : * ✧ ・゚ : *

"I was conceited." Said Polnareff. "I couldn't imagine his flames standing a chance against my swordsmanship. I'll be a good sport and burn to death after all."

He closed his eyes, laid down his head, and prepared for his death. But then suddenly, the flames went out. Kakyoin chuckled, and Evelyn smiled at Avdol's actions.

"Even now, you remember to be chivalrous. And you did not throw your dagger when I had my back turned." Avdol said, in a serious tone.

"Despite having orders from DIO, his pride and honor shine through," Evelyn commented.

"It would be a shame to kill you."
Avdol then saw the flesh bud planted in Polnareff's forehead.

"Jojo!"

"Yeah," Jotaro answered, and he removed the flesh bud.

"Good! Now that the flesh bud is gone, we can be buddies. Ta-da!" Joseph said, lightening the mood.

✧ ・゚ : * ✧ ・゚ : *

"The boat that we had chartered from the Speedwagon crew yesterday, should be at the harbor now." Joseph explained, when suddenly Polnareff appeared in front of them.

"I haven't thanked you, for freeing me from DIO's spell yet."

"For that, you need to thank Jojo."

"Don't need it." Jotaro said before Polnareff could even start thanking him. Avdol chuckled.

"It appears there's no one to accept your kind thanks."

"All right. I don't like to be pushy either. But there is something else. Monsieur Joestar, I'd like to ask you a very bizarre question, if that's okay."