Ⅴ.

✧ ・゚ : * ✧ ・゚ : *

Under the blazing sun, Evelyn lounged by the hotel pool, her legs swaying gently in the cool water. She wore white cargo shorts and a brown halterneck top, her hair braided in a loose, messy French braid, strands of hair escaping to frame her face.

She closed her eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun on her skin and the gentle breeze ruffling her hair. The sound of splashing water and distant chatter from other guests filled the air, creating a soothing ambiance.

Just then, she heard footsteps approaching, and she opened her eyes to see Kakyoin walking towards her. He wore his usual school uniform, his demeanor relaxed as he made his way over to her.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked with a warm smile, gesturing to the empty space beside her.

Evelyn smiled back, nodding in welcome. "Of course, Kakyoin. It's nice to have some company."

Kakyoin settled down beside her, dipping his feet into the water with a contented sigh. Evelyn glanced at Kakyoin, taking in his relaxed expression and the way the sunlight danced across his features.

"You know," she began, breaking the silence, "it's moments like these that make me appreciate the little things in life."

Kakyoin nodded in agreement, a soft smile playing at his lips. "I couldn't agree more," he replied, his gaze drifting out across the pool. "After everything we've been through, it's nice to just... take a moment to breathe."

"Tell me more about yourself," Evelyn said, turning to him with genuine interest. "What do you like to do for fun when we're not saving the world from evil vampires?"

Kakyoin chuckled softly, his gaze thoughtful. "Well, I enjoy gaming," he replied. "I also like to paint in my spare time. It helps me relax and clear my mind."

Evelyn nodded, impressed. "That's fascinating. I've always admired people who can paint. I'm terrible at it myself," she admitted with a laugh.

"Really? I think you'd be surprised at how well you could do," Kakyoin replied, offering her an encouraging smile.

Evelyn smiled back. "Maybe I'll give it a try sometime," she mused. "But for now, I'll stick to my other hobbies, like gardening."

"Gardening?" Kakyoin's interest was piqued. "That's interesting. What do you like to grow?"

"Flowers mostly," Evelyn answered, her eyes lighting up with enthusiasm. "I love the vibrant colors and fragrant scents. There's something so calming about tending to them, watching them bloom and thrive."

Kakyoin nodded, a thoughtful expression crossing his features. "It sounds lovely," he said sincerely. "Do you have a favourite one?"

"Lilies," Evelyn replied without hesitation, a fond smile gracing her lips. "There's just something so elegant and serene about them."

Kakyoin's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "Have you ever been to the botanical gardens in Kyoto? They have the most stunning array of flowers."

Evelyn's eyes widened with excitement. "No, I haven't! But it sounds like a dream come true. I've always wanted to visit Kyoto."

"It's truly a magical place," Kakyoin said.

Evelyn nodded, her mind already drifting to visions of vibrant blooms and rich greenery. "I'll have to add it to my list of places to visit," she said with a smile. "Thank you for telling me about it, Kakyoin."

"It's my pleasure," Kakyoin replied, returning her smile. "And who knows? Maybe one day we can visit together."

The idea brought a flutter of excitement to Evelyn's heart. "I'd like that," she said softly, her gaze meeting Kakyoin's. "I'd really like that."