004

Winning a battle, Losing a war

Season one, episode three

Min-Su woke up to her alarm She got up slowly and walked her way to the bathroom to take a shower. Once she made it in the bathroom she turned the shower on and immediately heard Izzie and George arguing about the rooms. She didn't hear Meredith which made her worried so Min quickly got in the shower.

Min was washing her body when she heard the door open and then slam shut. Slowly she leaned over to peak out of the shower to find Meredith on the floor. She didn't say anything. She just grabbed a towel and got out of the shower with the towel on. She liked Meredith. She just wasn't ready for Meredith to see her body yet.

"I wish they would only talk when need be like you. You're perfect. Literally," Min stared at Meredith before switching positions. So, now Meredith was in the shower and Min was getting dressed. Min liked her room. It wasn't too big or too small. It was homey.

Min quickly left the house with a purse that matched her shoes. She enjoyed the walk to Seattle Grace already. That was until she spotted Derek. It's not that she wasn't comfortable with him it's just that it was awkward ever since she bawled her eyes out on him.

He gave a wave. Oh no. He was jogging. To her. She tried to speed walk, but he caught up. "Minnie! I didn't know you lived over here," he smiled. Oh, he was definitely a morning bird. And she hated it. She just nodded "Oh come on, don't be like that. I consider you a close friend. The least you could do is smile—actually I don't think I've ever seen you smile. At all. Do you even have teeth—" She was such of his question. She adored him, yes, but not this early in the morning.

"Dr. Bailey," she shouted and stood next to the woman. Bailey seemed lost and in deep thought. She was looking around like she was looking for someone, or something. "Oh—morning Dr. Bailey," he spoke cheerfully. "Shut up," she rushed out still in her own world.

Min raised an eyebrow. She just told an attending to shut up. Her attending. Her boss. He looked shocked, then he glanced at Min who just shrugged. "You realize that I'm an attending and you're only a resident—that you work for me? I mean I get Minnie, but me?" He sipped his coffee. Min wanted to laugh, but those were her bosses.

"I know I've forgotten something, something is happening today. I know what it is, but I just can't..." Yeah, Dr. Bailey seems off her rockers this morning. Min tried to remember what was happening today, but she shrugged it off and started walking. "All right. Nice talking with you," she heard Derek behind her.

One second later Min was caught in a crossfire of people in bicycles. She let out a scream which alarmed her bosses. Derek went into action and quickly folded on top of Min in order to block her from danger. After what felt like minutes there were only a couple trailing behind. Min got up bewildered at the sight she just witnessed.