009

Save me

Save me

Season one, episode eight

Min-Su sat in a waiting room to be called patiently. "Moon, Min-Su. We are ready to see you now," a nurse called. Min got up and walked with the nurse who took her to her room. "The doctor will be with you shortly," the nurse smiled before closing the door.

Min stood still for a second before taking a deep breath and sitting on the table. She sat there waiting for what felt like hours. Not a word was spoken the entire wait.

"I'm so sorry about the wait Ms. Moon. I'm Dr. Gordinski and we're just going to get some blood work and run some tests. Shall we get started," Dr. Gordinski smiled brightly.

"We shall," Min replied nerves settling in her tummy. "Okay," Dr. Gordinski got up and took Min to another room where they sat her down and took 5 bikes of blood from her.

Min sat in her room for what felt like hours, constantly checking her watch. She knew and understood blood tests usually take a while, but she really needed to get to work.

The door opened once again to Dr. Gordinski who had that same stupid smile on her face. "Well, we have excellent news for you today Ms. Moon. See this? Chorionic Gonadotropin levels are extremely high which basically means, congratulations. You've got a baby in your belly," she does and celebration while In feels her eye twitch.

After Min left the clinic she sat on her bed until the morning came up. She was bombarded with a lot of information on her first trimester as well as given a packet. Min was still in disbelief and according to Dr. Gordinski, she was 9 weeks along.

She had stopped having sex with Alex a month ago. She wasn't going to tell Alex, not yet at least. She just found him to irresponsible and childish to raise a kid. She was an intern for crying out loud! Min was thinking about getting an abortion, but she still wasn't sure.

Min slowly got up and walked downstairs. She had went to bed early, skipping dinner, and taking the time to herself. Min felt like crying, but she knew better. She had come to the realization that she couldn't do this alone, but she would wait until she was at the end of her 2nd trimester.

She hated this. The not knowing. She always knew what she wanted. Now she wasn't so sure. A pregnant intern? How funny was that? Two pregnant interns! Min was starting to get a little hysterical.

"Good morning," George smiled and shoved a cupcake towards her. She looked at him then at the cupcake, and then back at him. "No thanks. I don't like chocolate." she replied before taking a seat at the table.

Izzie turned off the faucet "8 hours, 16 ounces of chocolate, and 32 cupcakes, and they still don't taste right," Izzie sighed and Min got up and looked in the fridge for someone thing, anything to much on.

"No, these are good. Martha Stewart would be proud," George tried to be hopeful with the cupcake in his mouth. "George please talk when your mouth is empty," Min asked calmly.