Our Wifi- 18

"Trying to be strong, sometimes hurts more"

——

2 MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE BOOK 3

——

Ever felt as if your soul had left your body, that's how I was feeling at the moment. The fear of losing the one person that meant the whole world to me, made me want to collapse and cry.

As I rushed into the hallway the receptionist had said Crystal had been taken to, I instantly saw my parents and Jacob and Maisie. Their eyes snapped to me as I approached, I could hear my own heart beat in my ears seeing all there red puffy eyes.

"Oh, Ace." Mother cried running into my arms, I hugged her tightly as a unknown tear rolled down my cheeks. I had failed to protect Crystal, I had promised her I would keep her safe and I was not able to do that. I had failed as her husband, and here she was in the hospital and I was not even beside her.

"Mother, how is Crissy?" Callie asked running to Maisie who stood up from Jacobs arms and began to sob, there silence made me fear for the worse. I was afraid I had lost her, the only women who brought a smile to my face.

"They have not said anything yet, the only thing that was mentioned was that she had lost a lot of blood, this is a case of life and death." Father said placing his palms on my shoulder, he could see my paled face.
"Have hope love, she is strong and they will make it out alive." Mother said as she pulled away, wiping the tears that were rolling down my cheeks.

"My góissa, will be fine. They both will be fine, she will wake up and yell at me for bringing her to the hospital." I whispered which made my mother smile, the fear in my heart still remained with the chance that I may never see her beautiful eyes look at me.

Or the chance to bond as a family as our child comes into the world, I had failed my child. I had promised them both that I would be great father and I had failed her, if only I had listened to her and stayed by her side. If only I had told her the truth about everything, then maybe she would have still been fit and fine, safely in my arms whilst I showed her the nursery.

'I-If you leave right now, I will leave forever'

I shivered at the memories of her word, I prayed that it was not true. She could not leave me, we had vowed to stay together, promised to love each other throw thick and thin.

She could not leave me, not now or ever.

"Family of Crystal Reid." I turned rushing to the doctor dressed in white, my family followed behind me as we waited for the doctor to speak.
"Who is the emergency contact for Crystal Reid?" The doctor asked, making us narrow our eyebrows to why he had asked us.

"I am, Ace Reid; Crystals husband." I said to which he nodded his head, he sighed before looking at me and placed his hands on my shoulder. Instantly the fear inside of me rose, I fisted my palms together in hopes that what I was feeling was wrong and my negative thoughts were all wrong and that she was fine, that they were both fine.

"Crystal has lost a lot of blood, she suffered a deep cut on the back of her head and a cut on her abdominal. We were lucky enough to have blood in our bank to give her. We have successfully saved Crystal, however she has been given some heavy sedative drugs which is why she will highly likely be asleep for the next twenty four hours." He said, a sigh of relief escaped my parted lips. She was fine, she was going to be fine. But as her thought drifted, I thought about our baby.

"What about our baby?" I asked, the doctor gave me sympathetic look as a frown was placed on his lips.
"I'm sorry, the foetus was too young it could not handle to the trauma and did not make it." A sob was heard from behind me, whilst I felt my heart become heavy. I had lost our child, it was my fault. I had left her alone when she needed me the most, I was not beside her when she needed my support.

I felt my whole world around me collapse as I drop to my knees.

"Ace." I heard everyone yell as they grab ahold of me, I felt everything around me freeze. There words muffled, all I could think about was Crystal and our baby, the happiness on her face when I had mentioned the nursery. The smile on her face when I told her I wanted the baby, and become the best father possible.

She had never asked anything except to be there for her and our child and I had let her and our child down and now we had lost our baby, I had lost the happiness that was going to come into our life. The baby that symbolised our love, I had lost it.

"Listen to me Ace, it is not your fault." I heard Callie say, her hands were shaking me back away as another tear rolled down my cheeks. I snapped my eyes from the floor and into her eyes which were filled with tears, a sob escaped her lips as she wrapped her arms around me.
"It's not your fault." She repeated in my ears, whilst I sat frozen unable to say or do anything. How could she say it was not my fault, I had lost our child the one thing Crystal had wanted so badly, the child she was ready to protect at all time.

'I want this baby and that is my final decision, Ace.' The determination in her voice I could still hear echo into my ears, she wanted this baby and now it was gone just like a snap of a finger. Disappeared like it was never there, gone.

I'm so sorry my baby.