Dragon's Island

Y/N POV ~

Thunder clapped around you as the dragon continued its flight through the storm. Pain in your side growing where the dragon's claw rested. In the distance, you could see a large rock coming into view that the dragon was headed straight for. 

Saltwater splashed in your eyes as it came closer to the ocean below you. Coughing and spitting up water, you looked ahead once more to see a hole in the side of the rock getting closer, and the dragon was showing no signs of slowing down. 

Letting out a scream as it let go of your body, repealing you down the long whole, you let out a cry as your body it the rocky bottom. 

Groaning out in pain, you slowly pulled yourself up from the floor, looking at the dark whole around you. The only form of light comes through a similar hole on the side of the cavern. 

The thunder echoed around you, releasing a scream from your lips involuntarily. The ceremonial clothes that once covered your body were all but gone except your slip. The rest had been torn in the flight or flew off while the dragon flew to his tiny island. 

Taking in deep breaths, you looked around, limping as you walked towards the light coming in from the moon. Looking at your side, you see a red stain growing where the dragon had its claw rested. 

Whimpering softly as you tore small pieces of fabric from your slip, you tied it around your waist to cover the wound the best you could. 

Limping towards the side of the hole, you analyze the rocks, hoping that you might be able to climb to the top to escape. Climbing as carefully you could, grabbing onto each stone with a tight grip; you began climbing the side until the dragon's head appeared at the top. 

A scream escaped your lips, the grasp on the side of the wall releasing, followed by pain as your body slammed against the rock floor once more. Crying out in pain, you watched as the dragon tried to reach for you, but the opening was too tight. 

A soft growl filled the cavern. You see a small animal with yellow eyes and a bushy tail growling at you. Letting out a soft breath, you grab a stone next to you, hoping your aim might be good enough to scare it away. As you held the stone tighter, the animal's growls grew louder. 

"Don't do it," a voice echoed. 

You gasp at the sudden sound, turning your head to find the source, but only to see the animal. 

"You'll just make it angry," the voice came again. 

The animal growled at you again as you pushed your back against the stone wall. 

"Put the stone down," the voice instructed. 

If I put this done, I will indeed be killed. 

"Put it down," the voice commanded again. 

You slowly put the stone down beside you, convinced that maybe this man knew more than you. You were keeping your eyes locked with the snarling animal. 

"Don't look it in the eye," the voice instructed again. 

Taking deep, sharp breaths, you turned your face to the side, trying to follow the instructions, but too worried that this animal might attack you if you didn't.

"Lie down," the man said.  

Following his words, you whimpered at the pain in your side as you gently lowered yourself to the cold ground. 

"Stretch your neck," he calmly instructed. 

Stretch my neck? Is he trying to kill me?

The animal snarled again, so you carefully stretched your neck. The animal springing from their spot, and coming closer to you, stopping just before your neck, snarling and growling, its sharp teeth beered at you. 

You clenched your teeth together tightly, trying not to whimper as the animal sniffed your body. The animal snarled one last time before scampering away. 

Letting out a deep breath, coughing from holding your breath, you looked around for the animal and the man—neither insight. Standing up from your spot, you called out for the man. 

"Hey! Hey! Who are you? Did Hoseok send you to rescue me?"

"No. I don't know who Hoseok is," the man answered. 

"Help me get out of here. I am the Duke's daughter. My father will reward you handsomely," you pleaded, your body shaking from the cold. 

"I can't help you," he answered blatantly. 

You didn't even know Hoseok, so you didn't expect him to come and keep you. You cried out, sitting against the stone wall, knees to your chest. Sitting against the stone wall, knees to your chest, you cried out, realizing you were stuck, and no one would save you.