Flight of the Dragon

Yoongi POV ~

Yoongi gathered flowers from around the island, wanting to give them to Y/N. 

He hoped that maybe she would want to stay with him on the island forever. 

Walking back to find Y/N, he could feel his chest-beating loud like a drum. The dragon was trying to claw its way out of him. He stopped, holding his breath, as the dragon beat against him inside.  

Smoke filled his nostrils. Looking at the flowers in his hands, he noticed they were now dead, their tips still smoking. 

Dropping the flowers, the sound of women screaming filled his ears. The dragon wanted her dead and was becoming more desperate to kill her. 

"Yoongi!" her voice echoed around him. 

Balling his hands into a fist, he found himself in a battle. The dragon tried to push his body off the cliff but fell back to the ground as he fought back. 

He tried to run away from the sound of Y/N's voice, afraid that he might lose control of the dragon. 

"There you are, Yoongi. Look at what I made. It looks like a dragon, but it won't fly. Will you teach me to see the wind?"

"You're strange, Y/N," he said, gasping for air.

"Why? You're scared of dragons, but you play with them," he growled at her. 

The smile that was once on her face fell. Guilt rushed through him. He was wrong for snapping at her, but he didn't understand how she could be so afraid of the dragon but still play with toy dragons. 

"Why isn't Hoseok coming for you?" he asked, walking closer to Y/N.

"If he isn't coming... You know what that means."

"Have you said your vows?"

"We didn't have time, Yoongi," she whispered, looking at him, "the dragon appeared."

"So he's not coming for you."

He wanted to walk away, but he couldn't. He felt too deeply for her to leave her upset. He was reaching out for her toy dragon he carefully took it. 

"I'll teach you to see the wind. Close your eyes. Look in the distance, further than you can see with your eyes open. Feel the wind with your fingertips, and hear its whisper. Feel it with your skin. Then, you will find something inside you that you didn't know was there."

Holding tightly to the string attached to the toy, the wind carried it to the sky, the rope keeping it tethered to them. Her eyes watched in fascination as it danced in the sky. 

Their body was close enough to feel each other's presence but far enough apart not to touch. She slowly placed her head against his chin, eyes closing. His hand slipped down the string, touching hers ever so softly. 

The burning fire of the dragon, piercing through his hand, desperately trying to get to her. The string burned and snapped off in his fingers, sending him back from her. Afraid the dragon would emerge if he didn't stop touching her. 

Y/N POV ~

"It flew away."

Turning around, you noticed Yoongi was gone. 

"Yoongi?"

Walking towards the dungeon, you called out for him. 

"Yoongi, where are you?"