Home

Y/N POV~

It had been two weeks since Hoseok brought you home on his ship, and you couldn't stop thinking about Yoongi. You desperately wanted to be on the island with him, see his gummy smile, and hear him talk of the dragons. You missed him deeply, and it felt like a part of your soul was gone and had stayed on the island with him. 

Once more, your sister was helping you prepare for your wedding to Hoseok, and all you could manage was a small smile. And you couldn't help but wonder if Yoongi missed you as much as you missed him. 

Yoongi POV~

"The ships return to the harbor. Young women get married. Every story has an end. The boy couldn't become a human and didn't want to be a dragon. What was he to do? What am I to do, Y/N?"

Y/N POV~

"You'll soon forget this nightmare, sister, and begin a new life," your sister said as she helped fix your dress. 

You smiled softly, but you felt like screaming out for Yoongi. You didn't want it to be over. This was a nightmare for you. Yoongi was your dream, and you desperately wanted it to be Yoongi you were marrying, not Hoseok. 

Yoongi POV ~

"You gave me hope, the hope of making peace with myself. If only for a fleeting moment, but that was enough."

Y/N POV ~

"Here you are, my dear dragon-slayer. Here. Remember this? I kept looking at it and blaming myself for not telling you the most important thing," your father said, handing you your once favored paper dragon. 

Yoongi POV~

"Something I've always dreamed of seems to have happened to me. I've read about it in people's books but could never understand it."

Y/N POV~

"Be with the one you love. Trust your feelings and your heart. The rest isn't important," your father said, a small tear rolling down your cheek as your heart screamed at you for Yoongi. 

Yoongi POV~

"Don't be afraid, Y/N. The dragon will never harm you. Ever."

Y/N POV~

Looking down at the paper dragon in your hand, you lifted it, throwing it through the air. The paper dragon drifted through the room, following the soft breeze. 

"It never flew before," your sister commented.  

"You were right."

"About what?" she asked, turning to look at you. 

"Now I understand what it's like to be away from the one you love. You were against our wedding, I remember."

"That was silly talk, sister. I thought you didn't love Hoseok and that he just wanted to become a duke. Now I know that you love each other. He found you. You told me that only true love could take him to the island. Be happy, my little sister. And then I'll be happy too."

She wiped the tears off your cheek, her words stinging you as you didn't want Hoseok, you longed for Yoongi, and that was who truly owned your heart. 

Yoongi POV~

Closing his eyes, he opened them to see Y/N sitting in front of him, leaning closer and closer. 

Her lips met his, his eyes closing for a moment, enjoying the simple moment he never got to share with her. 

When he opened his eyes, she was gone. 

"Be happy, Y/N. Farewell."