Ancestors

Y/N POV ~

A small red flag waved behind a bolder, continually growing larger until a man came into view. His body was covered in chainmail, with his military armor covering the top. 

You studied this man until his face came into view. 

It was Hoseok. 

He did find you. You ran towards him, smiling to see him. You were free. 

Spinning you around in his arms, he leaned his lips against your ear. 

"My sweetheart! My Y/N..."

His hand cradled the back of your head as your feet touched the ground. Your head pressed against his chest. Your grip never lets him go. 

"I knew you would come for me," you said softly.

Pulling your head away to look at Hoseok, you gasped when you saw Yoongi instead. Pulling away from his grasp, you study his facial expression, which seemed calm for now. 

He placed his hands around your waist, pulling you closer to him. Placing your hands on his chest, you tried to push away. His eyes still closed as you went him away. 

You stopped pushing him away, realization pulling over you, that he wasn't going to hurt you. He was still in his human form. Studying his face, your eyes are drawn to his lips. Thin, soft, and perfect lips that you suddenly wanted to kiss. 

Allowing him to pull you closer, you pressed your lips against his. You opened your eyes to look at him again, but a bright light instead greeted you. 

You realized you were still with Yoongi, your body resting in the same position, but now there was a blanket resting over your body.  

Carefully sitting up, you could hear the fire crackling nearby. Turn to see where the fire was, you noticed it was in a small makeshift hole near where you had been sleeping, but Yoongi was nowhere to be found. 

Besides, you were a leaf with a dragon fruit resting on it. Quickly grabbing it and taking a bite, you marveled at how it tasted. Your stomach growled, reminding you how hungry you were. Your stomach growled, reminding you how hungry you were.

Standing up, you walked out of the makeshift hut to look around, now that the sun was shining brightly and things were more visible now.  

Looking down at the water, you could see Yoongi sticking a long stick into the water, each tacking off a fish, before repeating the process. 

Carefully walking down towards him, you couldn't help but feel drawn to him. Your steps were slow and careful to avoid stepping on any other sharp rocks. 

"Good morning, Yoongi," you called out to him. 

His body whipped around to look at you, a fish still in his hand. He smiled before throwing the fish towards the creature from before. 

"Why would you bring me food and a warm blanket if you don't even want to talk to me?" you asked. 

He stabbed his stick back into the water, ignoring your question. 

"Yoongi, you apologize, then you push me away. You throw me into a pit, then save my life. That won't do... Yoongi, talk to me."

You watched him stab his stick into the water again. You felt sad that Yoongi was now refusing to talk to you. You kicked some water at him, getting the hem of his shorts wet. He turned the small smile he had given to you was now gone. 

"Either we talk, or I'll keep pestering you. And trust me, I can be really annoying," you said with a small smile. 

"Now I see why my ancestors dealt away with you women quickly. To not give you a chance to talk," he answered, pushing past you. 

"Yoongi, you don't want to kill me, do you? If so, what use am I to you? Take me back home," you questioned, his body turning to look at you. 

"It's not that simple," he said, walking away. 

"Tell me. Maybe I'll understand, and then we can think of something," you cooed. 

He stopped walking but turned to study your face before sitting down. You carefully sat beside him, curious about his reasons. 

"A long time ago, a boy lived on this island. The boy lived with his father, who was a dragon. The boy loved his father very much and dreamed of becoming just like him. 

But one day, the sea brought a wooden chest. Inside it, there was something startling. I still don't know what it's called. It was something from a different unknown but faintly familiar world. 

Something changed inside the boy, and when the time came for him to become a dragon, he no longer wished to be one. His father said nothing because you can't become a dragon against your will. 

Then one day, a ship appeared in the distance. A man came ashore and killed the boy's father. 

Anger, fury, and thirst for revenge came over the boy. He jumped off the cliff and turned into a dragon. In a flash, the memories of his dragon ancestors flooded through him. 

Suddenly, I saw everything that the dragons had seen and felt everything that they had felt. For centuries they took the brides of men and performed their bloody ritual. 

People would send maidens off to the accompaniment of a ritual song. I did not want that. In my visions, I saw hundreds of dead brides as if I had killed them myself. 

The boy realized his father was a monster and that he, too, had awoken the monster in himself. Then I swore to myself that there would be no more dragons. 

I wanted to turn back into a human, but I didn't know-how. All I could do was struggle with the dragon. 

There is a narrow passage in the dungeon. A human can get in there, but a dragon can't get out. I would stay there when I needed to restrain the dragon. Over the years, I almost got him under control, but then you sand the ritual song. 

When I came to, I saw a girl in the dragon's claws. I barely managed to loosen his grip on the girl... On you. You fell into a pit too narrow for the dragon to pluck you out. The pit was not your prison. It was your sanctuary... from me. 

The dragon can sense you, Y/N. I realized that back there, in the pit. He awakens the moment I touch you. 

That's why I can't carry you back home. I can't control the dragon. You must wait for the dragon-slayer. If he comes for you, I won't try to stop him... but your people must never sing the ritual song ever again."

"Why did you say "If he comes"? Do you think he might not?" you asked. 

"It depends on you alone."

"Why on me?" you questioned. 

"Come with me," he said, walking away. 

You quickly followed him, but he didn't answer your questions. 

"How can Hoseok's arrival depend on me?" you asked again.