Sails

Y/N POV~

Walking out on the shoreline, you picked some flower petals, holding them in your palm, and watched as they danced away in the wind. 

Tears streamed softly down your cheek. You grabbed your sail and hoisted it with all your might. The sail rose into the air, the wind flapping it around until it caught the breeze just right, moving your small boat forward. 

Hearing the soft call from Jungkook, you could see him chasing after you on the shoreline. 

"Don't follow me, please. You're all he has. Go to him!"

His desperate calls turned into loud whimpering wales that only made your heartbreak further, leaving you unsure how you would ever put your heart back together. 

Taehyung POV~

"Hoseok, we've been sailing in the fog for days now - we'll perish like this. Let's switch to rowing - we might find the island then. We have to decide," Taehyung said, his body pressed up against the edge of the boat. 

"Here's my decision: we turn back."

Taehyung looked at him, confused that he would give up so willingly. He was about to counter Hoseok's comment, but the boat launched them backward, having his something. 

"The cliffs again... Calm down, we passed," Taehyung said, pulling his body off the floor. 

"To Hades with the cliffs and the fog! I've had enough, Taehyung. Turn the ship around. We're going back..." Hosoek said, walking towards the helm. 

"Wait! Listen to me. I promised your father, when he was on his deathbed, to protect your family honor... Go and get some sleep." Taehyung growled as he held Hoseok by his cloak.

Hosoek staggered out of his grip without saying another word. 

"We'll continue the search under my command. Her sister was right: you're nothing like your grandfather. You don't even know his secret," Taehyung muttered. 

He heard a blade be unsheathed, quickly placed against his neck. 

"She was right, you say? Want to marry the Duke's eldest? Do you think I don't know the secret? Quiet, you. Y/N is supposed to send me a sign with her love, and it will be our beacon. Sounds great, right? Now, if there's no sign - what does that mean? It means she is no longer alive. Do you understand? Turn the ship around. We're going home." Hoseok growled in his ear, his blade pressed against his jugular. 

A light fired into the air, allowing Taehyung to free himself from Hoseok's grip. 

"It's the dragon!" Hoseok shouted. 

"That's not the dragon. That's the sign..." he said, looking in the distance to see a small boat moving towards them. 

Hoseok pushed him out of the way, leaning his body over the boat's edge to see better. 

"Y/N!"

"Bring her aboard!" Taehyung shouted. 

Y/N POV ~

"How are you here?" Hoseok asked after you were on his ship. 

"While the dragon carried me, we got caught in the storm. He crashed against the cliffs, and I stayed alone on the island. There were shipwrecks all around, and I managed to find this boat. Thank you for coming to my rescue," you said, your heart still longing to go back to Yoongi. 

"I couldn't have done otherwise," Hoseok answered. 

You turned to face him, his hand resting gently on your cheek. 

"Do you love me?" you asked. 

"Duchess, we're happy you're safe, but we need to get to the island. I know it's hard, but we must make sure the dragon is dead," his henchman said as he carefully approached you. 

You couldn't bear the thought of them ever hunting for Yoongi, so you protected him. 

"The dragon is no more. Take me home, Hoseok. I don't want to go back."

"Of course." Hoseok cooed. 

"But duchess, we must..." his henchman began to argue. 

"Mind your manners, Taehyung. Do as the duchess says," Hoseok said, turning your body towards the boat's cabins.