Safe Space

Y/N POV

After hitting the ground cops begin arriving and arresting the defeated criminals. As they get to work I flip onto my chest. Fighting through the soul crushing pain I crawl getting closer to Eri. I then force my arm to move placing my hand on top of Eri's head.

Eri: "You did it. You kept your promise."

Y/N: "Heroes always keep their promises."

She cries tears of happiness. Pretty soon I'm loaded into an ambulance with both of my arms in a sling. As I lay on the gurney Deku and the others join me.

Kirishima: "There he is, the manly hero."

Uraraka: "Congrats on your victory."

Asui: "Way to show that creep who's boss."

We all laugh but I groan feeling my insides cramp.

Deku: "Thank you Y/N. Because of you Eri's safe."

Y/N: "Hey, just doing a hero's job."

Kirishima: "So you're finally embracing the hero life. Bout time."

Y/N: "You know if I wasn't in so much pain I'd smack you."

Asui: "Well so much for the touching moment."

I roll my eyes when a paramedic comes into view.

Paramedic: "Alright, step back. It's time we got you to the hospital."

Y/N: "Load me up doc. Oh and can you give me something for the pain?"

Paramedic: "We'll see."

I pout when he begins shutting the doors. But suddenly Eric appears.

Paramedic: "There something you need?"

She becomes nervous.

Eri: "I-I-I was w-wondering if I c-could-"

Y/N: "She's with me."

Paramedic: "Very well. Come on in."

She hops into the ambulance taking a seat next to me. The whole way to the hospital Eri keeps a close eye on me. When we reach the hospital and they load me up into a room we're finally separated.

Eri: "Please, let me in."

Doctor: "I'm sorry but only the patient is allowed right now."

Eri: "B-but."

Y/N: "It'll be okay Eri. I'm in good hands. I'm not going anywhere."

She nods her head walking away.

*timeskip*

Doctor: "I have to say you're incredibly lucky. Any further damage and you'd have died. Seems luck is on your side."

I smile.

Y/N: "Can she finally come in now?"

Doctor: "Yes. You can come in."

The door opens as Deku walks through holding Eri's hand. She spots me running to my side and hopping onto my bed.

Eri: "I was so worried about you."

Y/N: "Thanks for your concern."

Deku: "So how is he?"

Doctor: "He won't be using his arms for a while. Add some internal bruising and he'll be back in shape by the end of the week."

Deku: "Thank goodness."

He smiles when I notice Eri's sad. 

Y/N: "Can you guys give us a minute?"

They nod leaving the room.

Y/N: "What's wrong?"

She looks up at me.

Eri: "It's just that it's all my fault. Because of me you were hurt. Overhaul was right, I am a curse. I only hurt those who get close to me."

She lowers her head. 

Y/N: "Look at me."

She does.

Y/N: "You're not a curse Eri. You never will be. I only got hurt because I was just being a hero. If anyone's at fault it's me. Don't ever blame yourself for what happened. You're loved, and you always will be."

She sniffles as tears waterfall down her cheeks. She latches onto my chest. My insides scream for her to stop but I ignore them.

Eri: "Thank you mister. Thank for being so kind to me."

Y/N: "You're welcome. And you can call me Y/N."

Eri: "Thank you, Y/N."

Y/N: "You're welcome Eri."

We sit there hugging as she lets out her emotions. This girl has what I can only presume was a living hell. But not anymore. As long as I draw breath I'll always make sure she has a place she can feel safe at. That night Eri sleeps in my bed clinging tightly to my side. 

*a few days later*

I exit the hospital still in the arm slings. I walk to school where I breeze past the day until it gets time for lunch. As Deku carries my tray I'm greeted by a soft voice.

Eri: "Y/N."

I turn seeing Eri in normal clothing and holding hands with the blond from the rescue mission.