Chapter 19- Two Boys (Edited 2/6/20)

MINAKO'S POINT OF VIEW

I looked dreamily at the sleeping Anbu next to me. His silver hair was loose around his face and sticking up around the pillow. My legs were a little sore from our 'activities' a few hours prior but I stood up to stretch them out. I couldn't sleep, despite it being so late. I quickly put on Kakashi's shirt so I had something covering me, before going to the window. I opened it to let some fresh air in before turning around to stretch my arms.

"Having trouble sleeping Mina." I froze at the familiar voice before turning to see the man who hasn't visited me in a while. Ever since he kissed me. The orange swirly mask revealed only a single red eye, the color of my hair, the sharingan.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I whispered with suspicion...but for some reason I wasn't afraid. I knew he wouldn't hurt me...but what did he want? He extended his gloved hand to towards me before responding.

"Come with me and I'll answer all of your questions." The offer was tempting... I looked over to see Kakashi peacefully sleeping, snoring slightly. He'll be alright for a little bit. I slowly placed my hand in the man's knowing full well that he wouldn't hurt me. He quickly swept me up in his arms despite my protest but said he didn't want me to run on bare feet. He was strangely thoughtful...

He took me to a burnt out firepit in the dark woods, a small makeshift cabin on the side. I should have been scared, terrified even, but for some reason, I felt comfortable. As if I've known this masked man my whole life. Kurama was reacting oddly... Not too kindly.

I remember this chakra... He is strong... I just can't remember where I last encountered it. Be on guard. Kurama warned me despite our...interesting relationship. Luckily the Fox and I have a somewhat strong bond, unafraid to work together if it meant staying alive. I took his warning to heart and observed as the masked man put me on a tree stump and then sat across from me. He used a low grade fire jutsu to light the fire. My legs instantly warmed up from being close to the flames. My face immediately flushed a bright red when I remembered I wasn't wearing pants... And more importantly, underwear.

"D-d-did you see anything ya know!?!" I questioned in a panic. The masked man chuckled with a laugh I have heard before... I just can't remember from who.

"Maybe. But I'm not telling." I felt like fainting. SO EMBARRASSING! I quickly masked my embarrassment and swallowed my pride.

"Who are you and what do you want with me?" I asked. The man adjusted his posture so he could poke at the fire with a stick.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." He said, a hint of sadness in his voice. I almost felt bad for the man before remembering that he kissed me a few years prior and stalked me.

"Try me." He sighed before looking up at me, seeing my serious expression and lack of a speech impediment.

"Mina... I have watched you for a long time. I have protected you and hid the fact you are a jinchuriki from a few very powerful people. Trust me when I say I have been by your side since we were children, when you first asked me if we would attend the Academy together. If I could go back in time and told you the day I met you how I really felt. Maybe I would be the one that would have put the ring on your finger." I was surprised, listening and thinking who he could possibly be. I knew it must have been obvious, but the name I wanted to say just wouldn't come forward. 

That's impossible. It couldn't be him. He's dead.

"Me being here has nothing to do with what I want from you. I just want you. I love you." He looked down at the charm bracelet I was wearing...