Chapter 10

Hades and the devil didn't get along due to their history of who ruled certain parts of hell. But for him to outright say Eurynomus had to do it...

Eurynomus wasn't having it. "I'm just a demon prince who eats dead corpses until their bones. I'm not in any position to remove my father from being the king of hell. You're going to have me start a war. And if I die, then what becomes of Isabella? They will torture and rape her until she dies." My body shook when it heard the last part.

Persephone's eyes met mine. "We asked the fates before we got here what your futures would be. We know if Eurynomus refuses this, nothing but bad things will happen. We also saw this." She pulled a hand mirror off the chair next to us. Handing it to me, I gazed into it. Within seconds, a person appeared. It was a woman. She was wearing a half gold, half black dress. The gold was at the top then ended up falling down onto the black part almost like glitter. A golden crown was on her head. My eyes widened when I saw the entire person. It was me. Eurynomus took the mirror away. "The answer is no. I'm not putting our lives on the line." He growled.

I looked up at him. "You're doing it again." He shot me a dirty look. "They're trying to help." I mumbled.

"I told you they had a secret agenda." He whispered. Hades shot him a dirty look. Persephone place her hand on his chest. He stayed calm. She glanced up at us. "Eurynomus, these are the options we've giving you. We can still do the blessing." Her face was stern.

"You can't kill the devil. Can you?" My voice seemed unsure with the question. I couldn't imagine being Queen of hell. All I wanted was to just be happy with Eurynomus. Hades stood up and grabbed my hands. "We have no personal gain from this. I can't stand the devil. But he has these gatherings to keep us on good terms. If Eurynomus did decide to take this path, we would have a better alliance. I would even be willing to share more of my space in the underworld."

Eurynomus's eyes widened. "Father has been wanting it for years." He hissed.

Hades rolled his eyes. "When he told me he was the ruler of hell and what he says goes. I was not willing to make any deals with him. This mini war caused him lose his best warrior.  He backed off after that." Eurynomus's eyes looked away. Hades squeezed my hands. "I'm sorry for almost calling you a whore earlier. I know that you mean a lot to Eurynomus. He has tried to keep you safe from everyone's dirty hands." Hades was very nice. Compared to what I've heard. No wonder Persephone loved him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a bracelet. It had black beads and a single skull on it. He placed it on my wrist. His eyes stared into mine. "This doesn't come off until it has been used. When you have no other options, call us."

I nodded as if I was in a deep trance. He let me go. Eurynomus placed his hand on my shoulder. A knock came to the door. Artemis stuck his head in. "Everyone is gathering." Persephone stood up. Hades grabbed her arm and wrapped it around his. Persephone glanced back at us. "Our honor guests our up front." Eurynomus grabbed my hand and led me to the door. He seemed annoyed with the situation. "We will give you time to decide." Hades spoke.

    The door opened up. The priest's all stood in a row going down the steps on both sides. Eurynomus wrapped his arm around my waist. "They won't touch you." He whispered. We headed down the steps, following Artemis. Hades and Persephone weren't too far behind. We were led into a building in the shape of a giant circle. He stopped at two large doors. Three knocks came then they opened up. Demons and humans stood around, watching us come down the steps. The place looked like a giant party. A golden chandelier hung above us. The steps were gold with a red carpet in the middle. The devil stood at the bottom of the stairs, smiling. He was holding a glass of champagne. "Son, welcome." He held out his arms. Eurynomus hugged him. It seemed like the devil pretending to be on good terms with us. He was never this chummy. Hades and Persephone came down the steps. Hades had her hand resting on top of his. The devil smiled big. "Hades." Hades smiled as they shook hands. His eyes moved to her. "Persephone, it's so wonderful to see you again." She did a simple nod. The devil held up his glass. "Let the celebration begin!" Everyone cheered. The room was filled with music. Hades and Persephone walked towards their people. A girl jumped in front of me. She was short with brown hair. Her makeup was done really well. Her eyelashes were huge. Her dress was hot pink and very short. Her boobs were bigger than the dress. "Hi! I didn't know there was going to be so many people here!"