Chapter 12

The doorknob started to turn. My body adjusted itself. As it creaked open, a claw forced it open. My heart dropped. This wasn't Azazel. It was a very tall demon. It growled at me. He slammed the door shut. It's eyes never left me. It slowly turned into a human. His face was cut up and bleeding. His chest was badly bruised. "So, this is where he's been keeping you?" He made his way over to me. I crawled up the bed, trying to get away. He froze in place. "Isabella." He spoke softly. Something about his voice seemed so familiar. He held out his hand. My eyes just stared at him. "I won't hurt you." He gestured for me to take his hand.

Something inside of me, was screaming for me to take his hand. But I was hesitant. "Are you here to have sex with me too?" I asked nervously.

He raised his eyebrow. "Does it look like I'm trying to fuck you?" Shaking my head, he waited. I reached out and grabbed his hand. He pulled me off the bed. Soon as my feet touched the ground, he lifted me up into his arms. My body rested against his. He was gentle with me. Why was he being so nice? I tapped on his shoulder. "Can you tell me your name?"

He stopped and looked down at me. "You don't know who I am?" Shaking my head, he sighed. His lips moved, but no words came out. My head hit his chest. "I can't hear that one word for some reason." I groaned.

He frowned. "Do you remember anything about me?" I shook my head. He puffed in annoyance. "Of course, you don't." Something popped into my head. What if he's evil? He might take me to another place worse than here. I started trying to get out of his arms. He tried to hold me down. "What the hell has gotten into you?" He grabbed my body and pinned me to the floor. I tried to push myself up, but I couldn't. I was frozen. His claws ran down my face. "I'm not going to hurt you. Why are you freaking out?" His voice was soft.

"I don't think I should be leaving with you." I spoke.

His face turned serious. "So, you'd rather be Azazel's whore?" He snapped.

Shaking my head, "No. I can't explain it. But it's odd that your name is the only one I can't hear."

He growled. "There's a reason for that. Now, let me take you back." I managed to free myself. I got up and raced back over to the bed. He stood up and glared at me. "If you want to stay here, be my guest. Azazel is going to keep using you until he's bored. From what I hear, he's getting bored very quickly." He walked to the door.

"Wait." I spoke up. He paused. My thoughts were racing. Something deep inside of me was telling me to go with him. It was stronger than the fearful feeling I had. He turned around, his eyebrow was raised. "If I go with you, can I dress normal?"

He chuckled. "You can wear whatever you want." He walked back over and took his shirt off. I was about to start moving away again until he handed me his shirt. My hands slowly took it. I quickly put it on. It was long enough to cover my body. He took a couple steps back. I got off of the bed. My eyes met his. Holding out his claws, I took it. We walked over to the door and left together.

He took me to this strange place. It had tons of books scattered all over the place. Memories came flooding back. I knew exactly where we were. Sith was standing at a table with test tubes scattered. "Of all my days. Everything is mixed up." He mumbled.

I smiled. "I'm so glad to see someone I recognize." My heart was relieved. Seeing him made me feel safe again.

Sith gave me a strange look. Then he looked up at the demon. "I'm guessing she doesn't know who you are."

He shook his head. "I can't read her thoughts. I don't know what she can or can't remember. It's obvious that's he made me vanish from her mind."

Sith adjusted his robes. "Why don't you mark her again? She might remember then." I backed away from the demon. Sith walked over and placed his hand on my shoulder. "It's okay. He won't hurt you. He cares about you deeply." Sith was trying to reassure me. If that's true, then why couldn't I remember anything?