Chapter 14

Once we were back in hell, we met up with Sith at his place. The other person I didn't expect to be there, was the devil. He seemed badly injured. Almost like his ego was shot down multiple times. He sat in a chair by the fireplace, just staring at the flames. His arm was in a sling. Eurynomus and I sat on a love seat. Sith was scrolling through some books. The devil growled. "How much longer is this going to take?" Sith nervously started flipping the pages faster. His eyes went to us. "My own son, caused so much chaos and disorder in my underworld." He growled through his teeth. "I should have you locked away in the deepest and darkest parts of hell."

Eurynomus just stared silently. The devil stood up and kicked a stack of books. Sith glanced at him. "I suggest that you sit the fuck down." The devil glared at him. It looked like he was a unhinged mad dog. "Destroying my things will not make me move any faster. You have to learn to have some patience."

The devil slumped back into the chair. His eyes went to me next. "I see you marked her once again." He chuckled. "Can't live without your whore, can you?"

I shot up to my feet. Eurynomus tried to pull my back down but I moved away from him. The devil just stared at me. "You can blame me for all your problems. Blame Eurynomus for hell being a mess." My eyes glared at him. "But this whole mess, is actually your fault."

The devil chuckled very low. "Excuse me?"

Eurynomus shot me a dirty look. "Isabel..." He murmured.

I cut him off. "NO. Don't you get it? It makes perfect sense. The seven deadly sins would never disobey an order from the devil. They would continue to do their jobs. He's just angry that you got mixed up with me."

The devil hissed. "I'd watch your tongue human. When I fully regain my powers, you will regret your words."

"She's not wrong." A voice called out from the darkness. They stepped closer towards us. Persephone stood there. Her long black dress curved with her body. She held her hands together. The devil growled. "Why are you here?"

She walked towards Eurynomus. "You're not getting your powers back just yet."

He shot up out of his seat. He was about to head towards her when Hades appeared by her side. The devil froze in place. Hades shot him a dirty look. "Touch my wife and I'll send you straight into my darkest dungeons." The devil fell back into his seat. Hades glanced at Eurynomus. "We got word that Azazel is on the run after trying to kill Isabella."

Persephone glared at the devil. "He's protecting his hiding spot." Eurynomus's eyes beamed at the devil. "He doesn't want you to kill another sin."

Sith slapped the book. "I have it. But I agree with the God's. You're not getting your powers back until Azazel is dead."

The devil stood up. "You all really think that you can stop me from getting my powers back? There will be consequences for these actions against me."

Hades crossed his arms. "Of course there will be consequences. Especially for you." The devil glanced at him. "I specifically remember how you were going to leave these two love birds alone?"

The devil chuckled. "And I have."

Persephone rolled her eyes. "Was that before or after you told the sins to hunt them down and to finish the job they started?" The devil lost his smile. Hades held up some chains. He yanked something forward. Pythius and Ramiel flew into the ground. Ramiel quickly stood up and wiped his white suit off. The chains rattled "I already told you. I am not involved with his bullshit."

Pythius sat on the floor. His stomach began to rumble. It sounded like an earthquake. "When can I eat? It's been two hours. I'M STARVING."

The devil bared his teeth. "Release my deadly fucking sins."