-"you only have to stay a few days"-

-hey hey its Ghost! Just a couple trigger warnins for this chapter! Please tell me imeadeatly if I missed any-

-(Tw: child abuse, implied suicide attempt, self harm, drinking, mental break downs, horrible dad)-
-
-
-
-
-
  The afternoon was calm as the room was overlaid with a soft orange. Soda was sitting on the wooden floor and cleaning "Veronica", his surfboard. His music was playing quietly in the background as moved the rag in a fluid rhythm. Soda was calm.

  A light knock brought Soda out of his routine. He looked up to see his mom enter his room, a look of pity in her blue eyes. Sea fairy watched her son grow confused as he paused his music. Why did his mom look so sad?

  He wanted to say something but she beat him to it, "hi my sweet boy". Sea fairy knelt down and pulled her son into an embrace, "Mom, are you ok?" Sea fairy pursed her lips. She didn't want to do this at all, but she had to.

  She pets his teal hair as it starts to fizz out of worry. She slowly exhaled "I have to send you back to your father for just this weekend, I missed some papers when signing full custody and by law, I have to send you over to him while I sign them" the woman whimpered. The words spilled from her mouth as she was trying to not cry in front of her son.

  Soda's face went blank and then his eyes started to burn at the edges. He was furious at Pirate for everything. He never wanted to go back ever, but he nodded. The blunette was gonna have to deal with it so his mom wouldn't get in trouble.

  Sea fairy gave a sad smile to him as she held his face and placed a kiss on the top of his head. "You're such a strong boy, try and call me if you can tonight, ok? I'll be up working". Soda hugged her back tightly, "yes ma'am, I love you". She closed her eyes, "I love you too" she whispered and let go of him so he could pack his necessities.

  She left the room to go start up the car and Soda was left sitting on the floor. Saying that today sucked would be a very underwhelming way of putting his thoughts.

  He dragged himself off the floor and grabbed his backpack. Unzipping it, he dumped the contents onto his bed so he could fit his necessities into it. He sloppily stuffed clothes, his charger, and a toothbrush into the bag. The blunette took out his phone and looked for a certain contact, not wanting to talk to anyone else at the moment.

  Once he found it he clicked the call button. It rang for a second but was picked up decently quickly. Soda smiled when he heard his voice "hey dude, did you need something?" Gumball asked.

  Soda then remembered why he called frowned again, "yeah, I wanted to tell you that I'll be at my dad's house for a couple days because my mom missed some papers". The other line went silent for a minute as Gumball processed what he had said. "I can go with you, so you don't get hurt" he tried to convince him. Soda shook his head even though he knew Gumball couldn't see it, "he despises you, Gum, I don't wanna risk him hurting you too".

  "But he doesn't like you either, do you not remember what happened last time you stayed there!" The pinkette cried, hating the thought of his boyfriend having to go to the hospital again. The blunette stiffened, "I can handle myself, I'm in a better mental state than I was before! I'll just try and ignore him, I promise!" 

  This time the pause was long and awkward. He could practically hear Gumball's thoughts wanting to argue with him but he didn't say it aloud. He knew he was right about the current situation but he had to go. "If you're sure, then…I trust you" he surrendered. He softly smiled, knowing that he was trying to look out for him "thank you, I love you". The artist sighed "I love you too, be careful".

  It was kind of ironic really, normally it was him telling the other to be careful. He threw on his hoodie and hung up.

  -------------