Chapter 29- Let's Take a Trip T-Recalculating. Recalculating.

*Keaton's POV*

I don't really know how I got here. I honestly don't.

But somehow, I was at one of the biggest outdoor theatres I'd ever seen, with my girlfriend, and ex-girlfriend in the same building-no, not building...area thingy.

This was not going to end well.

And to top it all off, there was this weird, slightly creepy noise coming from backstage, that was driving me absolutely nuts.

Oh yeah, I'm eavesdropping on my ex's conversation. Shh.

"The Sunset Blvd. freestyle was Preston's idea. He didn't want me to get involved, I think he was planning some sort of revenge against Keaton in the lyrics. You're on your own, Lauren." Said Jeremy. I tried to listen in on more of there conversation, but there was a weird noise driving me crazy.

"Keaton. Wes. You hear that?" Asked Drew, eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah. I can hardly think straight. There's like, this weird ticking noise. It's probably the tech stuff backstage." Said Wes, watching the Kardashian/Jenner/Newton/Fernandes/Medeiros clan move to their seats. The only people left backstage were Jeremy and Lauren, since this was the last act of the night.

There was definitely something off, though.

Wes was silently praying, and Drew was now pacing. I probably looked like one of those crazy people you would find at the back of a bus. We were spooked out of out minds by now.

"...It's ok, I'm pretty sure I can work with this." Said Lauren, walking back onstage. My eyes followed her every step. She looked pretty anxious. "Something's not right." She whispered. Jeremy looked at her, with an equally nervous look on his face. As he jumped off the stage, he started whispering to their clan pretty urgently.

"So. Um. This is just a song about Toronto in general." Said Lauren, trying to imitate Wes' voice. I'm realy regretting gong along with the rival school by helping spike Preston and Tyler's drinks...

"MY VOICE IS A LOT SEXIER THAN THAT." Protested Wes, sulking.

"Whatever." Replied Lauren, a smirk playing along her lips, but fear still held in her eyes. Jeremy gave a thumbs-up, and the intro started playing.

"Let's take a trip on the TTC tonight, in the city of art

The city of the 416, and 905,

Welcome to the center of, the universe, whoa

center of, the universe, whoa

I said I love my artists like I love my food-Organic,

All home grown, no preservatives or fakeness

I love our talent like I like my Brady's in bunches

Deadmau5, Metric, I’m just getting started,

Fernandes brothers, Deiros, Karl Wolf and Drake

Broken social scene, K-Os, Music they make,

These stars making me dizzy,

Lo-fi district always always busy

Believe in the lord,it’s Sarko, where is he?

Down here in T-Dot boy we gettin' busy in the city

We gettin' busy in the city-y-y" I could have sworn I heard the ticking noise pick up speed.

"Let's take a trip on the TTC tonight, in the city of art

The city of the 416, and 905,

Welcome to the center of, the universe, whoa

center of, the universe, whoa

We got the bragging rights, football, Argos, Grey Cup Winners,

Rob Ford’s gettin’ into trouble, see ya later,

High five Raptors, no hurt hand

When we go back to the Esplanade,

Then we get bored, edgewalk the CN Tower,

In the north, now gotta eat some poutine,

The Leafs they got the best of me,

While they make their mind up if they want the cup of Stanley,

La da doh

La da doh

La da doh doh doh doh

Doh doh

Doh doh" I almost stopped breathing. If this was what I thought it was...

"Let's take a trip on the TTC tonight, in the city of art

The city of the 416, and 905,

Welcome to the center of, the universe, whoa

center of, the universe, whoa

 Whoa, whoa

Let's take a trip on the TTC tonight, in the city of art

The city of the 416, and 905,

Welcome to the center of, the universe, whoa

center of, the universe, whoa

In this Centre of, Centre of the, universe." The ticking had turned into beeping.

We walked over to shake hands, but I hugged Lauren tightly instead.

"Keaton, why are you hugging me? Your girlfriend is watching." She hissed.

"Keaton. Let go of m-" Oh god. I closed my eyes tightly. Please be wrong, please be wrong, please, I don't care if I end up looking like a rapist, please...

I heard a deafening boom, as we got thrown away from the stage. I felt some flaming shards of who knows what land on my back, and hiss against my shirt. I looked up, too see the frame of the ampitheatre slowly creak downwards towards us.

Being the coward I was, I took a run for it.

Leaving Lauren, and my brothers behind.

**************************************************

OH SHIET