Chapter 2-Just a Walk.

To say the least, they were amazing.

But Niall came with his new girl, so that was awkward. During the bonfire, I couldn't take it anymore. "I'm just going to take a short walk." I said, hoping my voice wasn't trembling.. I got up, and walked away, sighing under my breath. I pulled my phone out of my shorts pocket, shivering. Short shorts and a t-shirt, not exactly the warmest combo. I checked the time. 11:02 pm.

I looked up to see almost total darkness, but the moonlight softly lighting up the beach. Great. I'm lost at 11 at night on a beach.

"Lauren." Whispered a voice. A hand was on my shoulder, and I almost jumped out of my skin. I turned around, to see familiar glinting eyes in the dark. "Keaton, that's not nice!" I said, swatting his chest. We sat down in a confortable silence.

"What happened back there?" He asked putting an arm around my shoulders. I didn't flinch this time, and I could feel him calm down.

"I can't handle ex PDA." I said, shivering. Being beside the water was not making it any warmer.

"Hey, you cold?" He asked, unzipping his hoodie.

"Nope." I said, trying to stop shivering. I probably looked like I was having a spasm.

"Then why are you shivering-Do my whispers make you shiver?" He whispered, making me laugh. He chuckled under his breath.

"It's not you, don't get your hopes up." I said, playfully. I thought I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes, but it was soon replaced with another indescribable look. " You're still cold." He said, fully unzipping the hoodie.

"Keaton, It's fine-"

"Don't want you to catch a cold." He said, seriously.

"What about you?" I asked.

"We can share the hoodie!" He said, cheerfully. He pulled me into his lap, then zipped the hoodie over me. This really was a huge hoodie.

"I bet you totally look like a pregnant man right now." I muttered, snuggling into his chest. I heard his laugh rumble through his chest. But his heart said otherwise. It was beating a mile a minute, and so was mine. I took my phone and earphones out of my pocket, finger brushing past one of his abs. HOLY SHIT. Working out, much? "You're bluuushhiiinggg" sang Keaton, grinning.

"Not my fault you have rock-hard abs." I said, looking up and him. He looked away, smiling. "I'm not too cold anymore, wanna take a walk?" I asked. He let me out of the hoodie,and helped me up. "I'm not going with you until you wear the hoodie." He said. I sighed, and gave in.

We walked down the beach, listening to music, and eventually, holding hands. we had some small talk, until one of my favourite songs came on. It was about 4 or 5 years old, but I still loved it. Tounge Tied, by Faber Drive.

"Bright cold silver moon

Tonight alone in my room

You were here just yesterday

Slight turn of the head

Eyes down when you said

I guess I need my life to change

Seems like something's just aren't the same

What could I say?" 

Keaton looked at me incredulously. "You listen to Faber Drive?" I nodded, rolling my eyes and smiling.

"I need a little more luck than a little bit

Cuz every time I get stuck the words won't fit

And every time that I try I get tongue tied

I'll need a little good luck to get me by

I need a little more help than a little bit

Like the perfect one word no one's heard yet

Cuz every time that I try I get tongue tied

I need a little good luck to get me by this time

I stare up at the stars

I wonder just where you are

You feel a million miles away

(I wonder just where you are)

Was it something I said?

Or something I never did?

Or was I always in the way?

Could someone tell me what to say to just make you stay?

I need a little more luck than a little bit

Cuz every time I get stuck the words won't fit

And every time that I try I get tongue tied

I need a little good luck to get me by

I need a little more help than a little bit

Like the perfect one word no one's heard yet

Cuz every time that I try I get tongue tied

I need a little good luck to get me by this time"

Keaton stopped walking, and looked me in the eye. The moonlight was shining like a spotlight, and he had a look of fear in his eyes. He closed his eyes, and crushed his lips to mine.

"I know it feels like the end

Don't want to be here again

And we could help each other off the ground so we never fall down again

What it takes I don't care

We're gonna make it I swear

And we could help each other off the ground so we never fall down again

Again"

My eyes were wide, with suprise, but I quickly responded, closing my eyes. The spark was back, but with another boy.

"I need a little more luck than a little bit

Cuz every time I get stuck the words won't fit

But every time that I try I get tongue tied

I need a little good luck to get me by

I need a little more help than a little bit

Like the perfect one word no one's heard yet

Cuz every time that I try I get tongue tied

I need a little good luck to get me by this time

I know it feels like the end

Don't want to be here again

And we could help each other off the ground so we never fall down again

What it takes I don't care

We're gonna make it I swear

And we could help each other off the ground so we never fall down again"

I pulled away, and smiled at him. He returned it, and gave me a hug, whispering "Everything ok, now?" I nodded. "yup." I replied. We walked back to the bonfire, hand in hand. 

*Author's note*

Hey, guys! I hoped you liked this chapter!

I was playing my music, when I stumbled upon this song! :) I finally found it after who knows how long, and even though the hype for Faber Drive has died down, I still love it. :)

 Vote, Comment, and Share for warm fuzzy hoodies, and forgotten ;) songs! :P