Chapter 8-International Love

*A Few Weeks Later*

Location:London, England.

Age: A day before my sweet 16.

Status:Single. Yeah, turns out Jake played for the other team.

Friends status: New gay best friend. Brit and Tiff particularly thrilled to have a new fashion consultant. Still talk to Wes and Drew every once in a while.

Educational status: Graduated 3 years early with Preston. Currently Tutored on the road.

"Lauren, stop typing nonsense into your phone, did you hear what I just said?" Asked Preston.

Continue later.

"Nope, I'll give you a bag of skittles of you tell me again." I said, smirking at the ultimate bait. Preston gave in, and sighed. "We're preforming for the X Factor UK Live Shows to give them a taste of the music industry." He said, taking a skittle, and popping it into his mouth.

"When?" I asked, careful not to wake up the snoring Liam on my shoulder. Or disturb Louis and Eleanor, who were doodling on Zayn and Harry's faces. Dev and Niall ended on good terms, Niall and Josh were sitting in front of Preston and I.

"Tomorrow." Answered Preston, gulping.

"WHAT?!" I screamed, making Niall jump in his seat, and Josh scream like a little girl. They both turned around, and shushed me. "What song are we gunna do?" I whisper-shouted. Preston shrugged. "They said, and I quote, 'An energising mashup of 3 or more songs.' It's supposed to motivate and intimidate the contestants." He said, reaching for more skittles. How were we supposed to do that? I took out my phone, and scrolled through my music.

Playlist name: Energising Artists.

Energising...lemme see...energising artists. Stereos. These Kids Wear Crowns. Adam Lambert. Little Mix? Maybe. PSY?How am I supposed to do this?

 I closed my eyes, scrolled, and stopped on a random song.

Jumpstart, These Kids Wear Crowns.......I think I can work with that.

Cuckoo, Adam Lambert....ok.

As Long As You Love Me, Justin Bieber....Beat goes with Cuckoo, I guess?

Gangnam Style, PSY. Damn it.

We got off the Jet, and went straight to soundcheck. I went straight to work on my laptop with Josh, seeing how these songs could mix. I have no idea who he knew all this technical stuff, but I just needed help

We ran through it, and before we knew it, it was the next day. We were about to go up. District 3 had just finished, it was comemrcial break, and our turn to get ready. My pocket buzzed.

*Text from Keaton Cheater Stromberg.*

I threw my phone to the couch, and walked to where we were supposed to be.

"Preston and Lauren Newton!"

The intro to Gangnam Style started playing, and Preston started off.

.

.

.

We finished the song, and once we got backstage, I had a coughing fit. I doubled over, thankful for the cameras directed elsewhere.  Preston patted me on the back. "Sis, you ok?" He asked, concerned. I nodded, wheezed a bit, and was then handed a bottle of water. "Thank you." I croaked. I chugged it down, and felt slightly better. Slightly. I looked up, to see a worried Keaton. What? I shook my head in disbelief.

 "I'm sorry." I mumbled, as I sprinted to the washroom, locked the stall, and emptied the contents of my stomach out. I felt a hand rub my back, and hold my hair back. I flushed, and stood up. Standing there was Drew, and one of the boyband members from District 3, I think Mickey?

I chewed a few pieces of gum, and splashed some cold water on my face, pretending there weren't two guys just watching me in the girl's bathroom. I turned around. "Nice to meet and see you." I said, warily. We walked out of the bathroom, and I sat down on the couch, putting my head in my hands.

The conversations around me became muted. I took my phone out from under a couch cushion. I opened the text.

"We're here in London to support you and Preston's first UK prefromance see you guys backstage?"

Damn. I put my phone into my pocket, and closed my eyes, sighing.

I really was a mess.

*******************************************

So yeah, I did a random mashup. :)

It MAY be locked in some countries, because of copyright issues. :(

Vote/Comment/Share for Emblem 3, District 3, and the great X Factor UK. :]