Chapter 6

• Dedicated to Michael Duc Nguyen

October 28, 2011

I stood in the doorway looking at Tyler with my eyes wide and my mouth almost open. He must've seen my expression because right after he said, "You don't ha----".

"Okay." I said, cutting him off. (Gotye wouldn't like that LOLOLOLOL)

"What?" he asked.

"Okay I'll go to homecoming with you." I replied. "Did you want to come in or are you just here to ask?"

He nodded, and then left.

After he left, I practically ran to my room and screamed into my pillow (not out of joy). Then I took my phone and called Skylar.

Me: SKYLAR! I'm going to homecoming.

Skylar: But I thought you said you weren't going to!

Me: I.... changed my mind. But I need a dress, and I don't know what to wear!

Skylar: A DRESS! Girl, you need hair and makeup. Plus, a manicure and pedicure. I'll be right over and we'll get your dress!

I patiently waited on my couch until Skylar arrived.

When we arrived at the store, Skylar started picking a bunch of dresses and pushed me into the fitting room. They were all pretty, but none seemed like they suited me.

What am I doing? I thought to myself, Why did I come here?

"Hey! I think this is the one!" Skylar called out excitedly before handing me a deep blue strapless dress. It truly was beautiful.

I tried on the blue dress and walked outside to show Skylar.

"Oui oui. Très belle! Magnifique!" she squealed.

"Thanks." I said bitterly but on the inside I was actually very glad.

"I said I'd pay." Skylar said with a smile.

"You don't have to do that." I replied---my face emotionless. She shook her head, grabbed my hand, and shoved me back into the changing room.

When I finished changing, Skylar paid the lady FOR me, and drove me home.

"I'll be back tomorrow at about 10 and we're going to go and get our manicures, pedicures, and our hair done! Okay?! Be ready!" she shouted from her car window.

October 29, 2011

It was about 9:00 when I woke up, which meant I had an hour to get ready before Skylar came to pick me up. I took a quick shower and changed into a plaid shirt with skinny jeans and black combat boots. By the time I finished, it was 9:30, so I made some breakfast and watched a bit of TV until Skylar's familiar red car showed up.

"HURRY UP!" she shouted playfully. I simply nodded, and got into the passenger's seat. "Okay, so, we're going to get our nails and toes done first, and then have them do our hair, while our nails dry! I've already picked out your colors, and I'm having them clean your nails too, because yours are are filled with dirt under them. Okay and then when finish with that-------".

She kept droning on and on and on and on. I wasn't listening, just nodding once in a while.

"-----right?" she asked.

"What?" I replied sleepily.

"You get what I'm saying right?" she asked again.

I nodded my head in reply, and went to sleep in her car.

"WAKE UP!!" screamed Skylar as she shook my shoulders. I groaned, and got out of the car. We walked into a place called "Merinda's Nails, Hair, & Spa" with a logo next to it of a hand holding a rose.

~~~4 Hours Later~~~

When we finally got to my house, we looked like living dolls. Especially Skylar. She looked perfect.

"Okay. We're not supposed to put on the dress yet, or else it might get dirty if we do anything!" she said.

"Kay." I replied with my eyes glued to the TV screen.

"So... you never told me. Why'd you change your mind?" she asked waiting for me to look her in the eyes.

"Uhm... I just wanted to.... come with you. That's all." I lied. My eyes were still glued to the screen.

She folded her arms over her chest. "Come on. I'm not stupid. Did someone ask you?" she demanded.

"Well.." I mumbled.

"OH-EM-GEE. HOW DID I NOT HEAR OF THIS BEFORE! GIVE ME THE DETAILS!" she squealed as she jumped up off the couch.

"Just some kid in my history class."

"Is he hot?" she asked eagerly.

"No."

"So why'd you say yes?" she asked flirtaciously with a gleam in her eye. "Eh eh?" she continued while poking my cheek repeatedly.

"Okay. Maybe a LITTLE. JUST A LITTLE. And he's not hot." I said crossing my arms over my chest and turning my head the other way. "He's attractive."

"You have a crush on him!" she said as she was about to poke my cheek again. Fortunately, she was interrupted by the doorbell. "IS THAT HIM?!" she shouted eagerly. "HEY! GUY! SHE LOVES YOU. SHE TOTALLY LOVES YOU!" she continued super loudly.

"Shut up!" I said with my teeth gritted as I walked to the door and opened it.

It was Devin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AUTHOR'S NOTE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS! I'M REALLY SORRY THIS CHAPTER HAS SO MUCH DIALOGUE! Next chapter will be a LOT better. Hehe. Sorry >.< . That's it I guess. o.o BYEE! :) Until next time my hippos. :)