𝑋𝐼𝐼𝐼

There was one more day until Charlie had to return to Hogwarts. She wasn't doing much better, she dreaded going back, seeing the spot at the Gryffindor table where Sophia used to sit. She hadn't spoken much to Fred or George since their last encounter. It felt awkward.

At the moment, she was sitting in the living room with Remus, drinking some tea.

"So, how're you feeling about going back to school?" Remus asked Charlie with a concerned smile. Charlie shrugged, a bit of anxiety showing on her face. "Not well. I'll have nobody, especially with Sophia gone." The girl's voice cracked as she spoke.

Remus was proud of Charlie. After everything she had been through, she was still standing. That was enough for now. Even after watching her memories, the man wanted to curl up in his bed and stay there forever. Remus was just very worried about her going back to school. Charlie hadn't made amends with any of her friends, they weren't mad at her anymore but, there was still distance.

"That's understandable. Just remember, you don't need anyone. You are so strong, I'm always just an owl away. Besides, who knows. Maybe you'll make new friends."

"I don't want any new friends." Charlie's voice was shaky as she spoke. A tear rolled down her cheek. "I want Sophia back." she sobbed.

Remus held Charlie in his arms, letting her cry. The two had grown much closer since the beginning of Charlie's stay. Remus seemed to understand Charlie much more than anyone else. Remus also hadn't known Charlie as more than a student until after this summer, he didn't know who she used to be. In a way, this was comforting to Charlie. She didn't have to put on an act.

After a while, Charlie went to the kitchen. Her eyes had red rims around them as she poured herself a glass of water. Physically, she was much healthier than she was when she had first arrived at the manor, she still had a long way to go, though. Theo and Fred were both in the kitchen as well, talking about something or other. Charlie didn't really care to listen. She stared out the window, a blank look on her face as she poured her glass of water. Splash, she looked back to her glass. "Shit." She muttered under her breath, she had overflowed her glass.

Theodore and Fred giggled at the girl, it was quite funny to them. Charlie rolled her eyes, using her wand to clean up the mess. She was trying her hardest not to cry. It had been a recent thing for her, she would cry over any small inconvenience.

Suddenly, Charlie wasn't thirsty anymore. She needed a nap.

The next day, it was time to go to Diagon Alley. Charlie would have to buy new robes and a new uniform, she didn't need many new books this year. Charlie wore a short, black dress with a white long sleeve turtleneck underneath. She then slid on black sheer tights and her doc martens. It was the first time in a long time she'd been able to really dress up.

She walked down the stairs to meet the rest, they were taking the floo network. Molly smiled at Charlie as she stood near the fireplace with the rest of the children. "Are you ready, dear? Don't forget- you have to get a new uniform." Molly spoke.

Charlie nodded silently, a small smile on her face.

Once in Diagon Alley, Charlie went to walk off on her own when she noticed the twins behind her. Stopping to turn around she looked at them confused. "Why are you two following me?"

"Mum said we have to." George shrugged.

Charlie placed her hands on her hips, looking at the two. "I doubt that."

Fred scoffed, looking at the girl. "Are you daft, Charlie? Your mother could be around. Anyone could be. They'd all recognise you. Can't have you getting murdered." He rolled his eyes.